• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ADI-2 Pro FSR : a few technical questions

rcstevensonaz

Wondering if anyone can answer a few technical questions on the ADI-2 Pro FSR:

Can it accept S/PDIF input on the AES channel? I would like to send the coax S/PDIF output from an Allo DigiOne Signature Player to the ADI-2 Pro FSR. I am already using the Optical S/PDIF for a different source, and I want both sources active at the same time. So wondering if there is a way to send the Allo's coax S/PDIF stream to the RME's AES input. I suspect the answer is "no", but someone on a different board (not about RME) noted that in many cases, an AES input is designed so that it will also accept S/PDIF format.

Can I control S/PDIF digital output (channel 7/8) volume separate from the analog XLR/RCA (1/2) volume? I believe the answer is "no", the volume is either fixed or the same as channel 1/2. Of course, I could send the audio streams out to an off-board mixer via the 6/8 multi-channel USB mode, and make the adjustments externally; but checking just in case optical out volume can be independently controlled on the ADI-2 device.

Can I map headphones channels 3/4 to one of the back-side connectors (XLR / TS)? I want all cables going out the back of the device; and would prefer to not have to plug an interconnect into the front just to run the cable around to the backside of the equipment. Again, I am pretty sure the answer is "no". [RME: perhaps this is a feature request to allow the rear TS jacks to be mapped to either channels 1/2 or as rear-side channels 3/4]

Top Bottom