• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adding aux-in to a Beosystem

dr0ss

I was recently given a Beosystem 3300, which uses 7 pin DIN line connections for audio signal+'datalink' communication between components. It doesn't have an aux-in, but I would like to add one. On any other system I would simply add a 2-to-1 RCA switch, but in this case I still want the component (tape player) that shares the input with the new aux input to still talk to the system over datalink. I'm new to this ecosystem, so went poking around some beo forums, and see that some people just use a DIN Y splitter to connect the two inputs to the receiver. This seems pretty dangerous to me! Am I wrong, can you really get away with hooking up two line-level sources in parallel to a receiver input? Or should I do the responsible thing and build a switch with DIN and RCA inputs and a DIN output that only allows one signal through at a time?

Top Bottom