• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Added a Third Sub to my Stereo

My adventures in stereo

Having read a lot about the using of multi subs and now having experienced dual SVS PB 2000 Pro for a while
I have a old Velodyne Sub also 12" ported
Thought I would incorporate it in to my stereo & see the outcome after dsp on my minidsp SHD

I connected the velodyne to my left SVS sub through its out, then equalised volume on both sides using REW SPL meter & tone generator
Had to turn down the left channel sub stack by -6 db, to equalise gain on either side
Checked phase and then went on to REW measurements

My 55 db & 64 db room modes had disappeared
Equalised in REW flat to 120 hz, measured target was 79 db
Loaded the eq'ed curve in to minidsp and set cross over high pass & low pass at 80 hz

Had horrible results with dirac, bass dropped to 60db sub 60 hz, tried pulling the curtains to exclude the sub 60 hz but still was getting horrendous results
disabled dirac

The bass was really enjoyable and present throughout the room, no boom
Fired up random access memories and am a happy man

rig Oct 2 2022.jpg
3rd Sub.jpg

OP
My adventures in stereo

My adventures in stereo

did some measurements today

The Right sub is a single SVS PB 2000 Pro

20221004_214326 Rt Sub.jpg
20221004_214222 Lt Sub.jpg

Left Sub, is the combination of 2 subs ( SVS PB 2000 Pro + Velodyne), kept at -6db compared to the right sub

20221004_214409 Final.jpg

The final result with a 6 db Harman house curve, done through REW eq, no dirac used

Top Bottom