• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Added a Genelec 7040A sub to my 8030C monitors

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You know you want a subwoofer. Subwoofers are like chocolate and fries: everyone likes them. :D
I need it, but my wife has a different opinion. :)
If you already have Genelec´s calibration microphone, it´s just an extension and you´ll integrate it quite well.
I have the 8030, so I'll have to do it by hand with something like the minidsp umik and REW. I didn't think the SAM speakers plus the GLM was worth the price difference, and I couldn't afford it anyway :D

Vacceo

Major Contributor

I have the 8030, so I'll have to do it by hand with something like the minidsp umik and REW. I didn't think the SAM speakers plus the GLM was worth the price difference, and I couldn't afford it anyway :D
I recently saw a fellow forum member doing exactly that with excelent results.

timiark

In fact I heard that GLM have a rather strict limit on how much you can boost your speaker because their engineer generally think that boosting cannot solve your problems in lower bass area. (well, if your listening level is low and have plenty of headroom, I think you actually can... but to some extent for sure)

I also used Sonarworks for some months and found the calibration process too time consuming and hard to review the results achieved by it. Plus, Sonarworks also adds tons of latency to your system.

Therefore, I actually would also recommend using REW since it is highly customizable and you can do almost anything you want with it without paying a penny.

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

I am not sure the GLM is good value compared to REW/minidsp/Dirac but I do like the Grade report, that has helped me move a few things about. I don't find GLM very useful for multiseat optomisation, either I don't properly understand how to use it or it is not for that.

Top Bottom