• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ADC only devices?

Marty111

Good evening everyone,
I'm wondering : Is there such a thing as a usb UAC1 ADC only device? Or a UAC1 usb DAC-ADC device that can be used as an ADC only device in conjunction with my dac under window 7?

Or even maybe (but I don't think so) a way to use a UAC1 ADC on which you can plug a line-in level source while outputing an optical s/pdif signal that would go though an optical s/pdif to usb adapter of some kind?

Thank you!

OP
M

Marty111

Thanks Charleski, but is it possible to have a UAC1 DAC and a UAC2 ADC working under windows 7 at the same time?

charleski

Major Contributor
Ah, you're talking about running the device in hi-speed or full-speed mode. I see no reason why not, that's simply a function of the capability of the USB port you plug it into and all devices should be backwards compatible. Obviously running at 12mbps will limit the sample rate to 96kHz or less.

Top Bottom