• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adam T8V Studio Monitor Review

flowolf

Okay... Because I started to spin out of control and look at the Adam T5V and the S10 sub accompaniment to bypass the need for an amp...as well as like 5 other monitors.

Gosh there's a lot to learn, and decide.

Depending on what you want to achieve and what kind of listening you do, this may be a good solution.

I also went active since I got a pair of nearly unused T5Vs for cheap. I use a Raspberry PI as a streamer, which also provides the PEQ you want for the them to bring down the highs. To fill out the low end, I have a Rel TZero, which was fine with the passive setup I had before, but doesn't add much now, as the T5Vs reach quite deep in my room. I haven't really integrated it yet, but I may have to switch to a bigger sub (maybe the T10s is a perfect fit?).

Apart from that, I am very happy with the T5Vs, even without the sub! they play nicely in my untreated room.
I think with T7V or T8V, you don't necessarily need a sub.

aka_Z

I would recommend you to take a pair in your room and listen them for a while. If you like them, keep and stop looking for others. If not, return them and keep looking.

I have T7V for years now and enjoy in them every day. I have a T10S too :)

zonk

According to the user manual, the 50 % more expensive ADAM Sub 8 subwoofer has a switch to turn off the automatic standby feature, unlike the T10S. Not sure if it would make sense to pair it with the T5V.

I use the Adam T5V in combination with Adam Sub 8. As I bought this combination the T10S was not released, so the Sub 8 was the recommended configuration. I am very happy with it. I have a pair of T7V too and works well with Sub 8 too.

One advantage of the Sub 8 over T10S is, that Sub 8 has variable crossover frequency (50-150Hz). T10S has a fixed one (80 or 120Hz). Plus Sub 8 has a remote control.

Last edited:

56suited

Depending on what you want to achieve and what kind of listening you do, this may be a good solution.

I also went active since I got a pair of nearly unused T5Vs for cheap. I use a Raspberry PI as a streamer, which also provides the PEQ you want for the them to bring down the highs. To fill out the low end, I have a Rel TZero, which was fine with the passive setup I had before, but doesn't add much now, as the T5Vs reach quite deep in my room. I haven't really integrated it yet, but I may have to switch to a bigger sub (maybe the T10s is a perfect fit?).

Apart from that, I am very happy with the T5Vs, even without the sub! they play nicely in my untreated room.
I think with T7V or T8V, you don't necessarily need a sub.
It is an untreated home office that measures ~79” x ~113” (200cm x 287cm). It's going to have a small desk for work use along the long wall, with my rack and vinyl storage on the short wall, in front of the window. I'm going to use curtain rods and heavy drapes as wall decor to cover the ugly closet enclosure as well as the radiator, but I'll likely have some wall and ceiling effect I can't do anything about because my office chair needs to roll, so I think carpet is a no-go.

Still on the fence between monitors like T5V or T8V, but considering @Steve Dallas helpful (and very patient) advice, now leaning toward ELAC DBR62 and a WiiM amp.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
It is an untreated home office that measures ~79” x ~113” (200cm x 287cm). It's going to have a small desk for work use along the long wall, with my rack and vinyl storage on the short wall, in front of the window. I'm going to use curtain rods and heavy drapes as wall decor to cover the ugly closet enclosure as well as the radiator, but I'll likely have some wall and ceiling effect I can't do anything about because my office chair needs to roll, so I think carpet is a no-go.

Still on the fence between monitors like T5V or T8V, but considering @Steve Dallas helpful (and very patient) advice, now leaning toward ELAC DBR62 and a WiiM amp.
Why not T7V?

Top Bottom