• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adam Audio S Control Question

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
I have a pair of S3V’s and finally got around to learning REW. I want to make some adjustments to my speakers via their internal DSP. The problem I am having is getting my Mac to recognize the speaker. My USB cord is fine, the speaker simply doesn’t get picked up. I have followed the paltry manual, but in fairness, I am truly a technical dolt. If anyone has experience with S Control (which I suspect is a tiny group), I would greatly appreciate suggestions. As much as I like the quality and sound of the speakers, Adam is really slow at customer service.

Thanks,
Chip

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I'm not a Mac user, so this probably doesn't count for much. I used S Control with Windows and had no issues after installing the driver.

OP
P

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
Thanks, Pozz. I used the Mac driver. Now waiting for Adam to tell me something.

OP
P

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
I did get a response for Adam. S Control isn’t compatible with present Catalina OS. They will be providing a software upgrade. Ugh.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Embarassing...

OP
P

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
Embarassing...

Embarrassing, indeed! They are supposed to have some kind of rollout with Sonarworks--a joint effort to make their DSP more effective. It seems the first step ought to be drivers for Mac.

Top Bottom