• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ADAM Audio A series 2022

scarlettsroom

Hi (new in the forum, so nice to started learning),

Looking for a new pair of studio speakers and stopped the buying process because of this announcement. Not that these are the final options but I wanted to wait just in case. How do you know it is on April?

I was hoping to be on this week T_T.

scarlettsroom

Some webpages have started to update the databases and you can find some info. Seems like they have upgraded the woofer being 7" but kept the same tweeter.

Attachments

• adam-a7v-angle[1].jpg
    adam-a7v-angle[1].jpg
    369 KB · Views: 433
  • adam-a7v-angle[2].jpg
    adam-a7v-angle[2].jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 403
  • adam-a7v-angle[3].jpg
    adam-a7v-angle[3].jpg
    549.7 KB · Views: 374
  • adam-a7v-angle[5].jpg
    adam-a7v-angle[5].jpg
    618 KB · Views: 403
  • Captura de pantalla 2022-04-05 a las 23.42.20.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-04-05 a las 23.42.20.png
    354.5 KB · Views: 447

dfuller

Major Contributor
Some webpages have started to update the databases and you can find some info. Seems like they have upgraded the woofer being 7" but kept the same tweeter.
The big thing here is they've deepened the waveguide considerably.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
100 minutes left lol
But if the tweeter is the same than it's not exciting anyways

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
How is this an event ? I fail to understand this hype.

Adam sells expensive (with regard to performance) loudspeakers which are not cutting edge technology nor performance in any way. Best one could say about them is that they properly implement solutions that are known to be reasonable.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
More details here https://www.adam-audio.com/en/a-series/

Has some interesting features:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's weird they didn't do an A8V
As said also in other threads 8" is usually a bigger compromise for a 2-way, so I find their choice of making the A8H a 3-way wise.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
As said also in other threads 8" is usually a bigger compromise for a 2-way, so I find their choice of making the A8H a 3-way wise.
Yeah
But if you can't afford the 3 way, then the 2-way is an OK compromise if you don't want to mess with subs, that's why they had the A8X and also why 8050 exists

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah
But if you can't afford the 3 way, then the 2-way is an OK compromise if you don't want to mess with subs, that's why they had the A8X and also why 8050 exists
Sure, but in times of very potent 6-7" drivers the compromise doesn't make as much sense as it used to, that's why also the newer larger Genelec nearfield/mid monitors are 3-way (83x1) or use a compression driver which allows low crossing (S360), the 8050 is rather a "historic" product and my guess is it might not be updated further, same like the 10xx models were discontinued. Also from room acoustics point of view 5-6" + sub is usually a better choice, most people (including myself in the past) seem to have some kind of fear about subwoofers and only when they do the step they realise how important it is for a great sound quality experience.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I'm already seeing some A4Vs in my office... but given the feature set, I imagine the price tag would make such a setup (including stands and a little audio interface and quite possibly Sonarworks as well) a rather decadent affair. I mean, they are apparently made in China, so there is hope for them being a fair bit cheaper than say KH80s or 8020s. I'm not holding my breath for anything less than 349€ a piece though... I mean, KRK V4S4s are more than that. So perhaps 399ish.

10 W at idle is quite a lot for something with a 90 W Class D + 15 W Class AB amp (I mean, my old K+H O110s are at 11 W each and all AB), so that 24/96 DSP goodness may be slightly power hungry. They do apparently have a sleep mode at 3.5 W, though available documentation does not mention any kind of auto standby.

(Since I've gotten my PC at home to 15 W at idle and around 20 W lightly loaded, its power draw is being dwarfed by my peripherals, so I'm slightly sensitive to this issue now...)

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have to say on quick glance I like those simple EQ options on the back, and really happy to see a MID RANGE adjustment because that's usually where I want to change things, but manufacturers only ever give you bass and HF adjustments. Built in sonarworks is nice, but also sonarworks is consistently the worst sounding of the automated correction tools I've used. KH80 correction felt so poorly implemented that I lost interest in DSP correction inside my monitors.

kongwee

Major Contributor
4 physical EQ is a plus. I don't like to have DRC as the software support is unknown. I can't do DRC in my studio monitor because the company goes bust and can't support latest os.

Top Bottom