• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

prestigetone

Adam used to be great but have since fallen off. You can do much better and if you’re looking for ribbons why not HEDD?

MadMaxx

Hi, as far as i know they are active speakers with no sub out, can i ask how did you connect the subwoofer?Rca splitter?Thanks
What @Klonatans wrote above...

I recommend you choose a different subwoofer. I sold my Sub8 after a few months because it never provided the punch I wanted. The Sub8 is better suited for the A4V, IMO. I switched to an SVS SB-3000 and am thrilled with what I hear now.

If you're still considering the A7V, listen to them before making a decision. I thought they sounded a lot better than anything comparable from Kali, Fluid, or Yamaha. Reviews and stats never tell the full story.
I consider bying Adam Audio A7V for my desk and I wonder how capable are A7V in LF department without resorting to subwoofer. 44hz from a 7-inch woofer sounds a bit inadequate. Hedd Audio Type 07 Mk2 would be a no-brainer however numerous complaints about its loud self noise are not encouraging, mildly speaking.
I thought my A7V sounded pretty good without a sub. However, I'm something of a bass head so a sub is mandatory for my setup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom