• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adam A4V Monitor Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 25 9.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 141 54.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 86 33.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters

Nick2D

Hi everyone!
between Adam Audio A4V and Kali Audio IN 5 which speaker would you take to listen to music and TV?

Lipaz

Just a sidenote: 5 minutes ago I finished testing a pair of KH310 in another store, in a treated room. I tested it today because the A8H listening is still fresh from yesterday.
OK, it’s not entirely correct to compare it, because listening environment is not the same, but fair to say that the price difference of 600 EUR/speaker is there.
I’ve never heard anything like these Neumanns before. Nothing is tiring, everything is effortless, tight, stereo image is beyond imaginable, depth is there, and works on lower volume. I throw now a bunch of electronic music to it as well, and it delivered. It’s sold to me.
And this doesn’t mean that A8H is not OK. Even store owner said that the new A-series has much better low end than the X series, so improved it a lot… but this is on another level.
Just an update. I bought a pair of second hand KH 310. They have been probably repaired, and then badge received an orange led instead of white, but honestly for this money, I do not care… I csn reverse any modding myself if it bothers me. Actually I’m amazed how good they sound in my small somewhat treated room with Sonarworks SoundID now. No sub needed currently. I have to losten all my reference tracks again. My old demos are now revealed. Small fraction of them sounds good only. Very satisfied. It is not a boring or boxy speaker sound, they are fantastic.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm not sure who should be told, but i noticed this review isn't in the speaker section of the dashboard.

TheZebraKilledDarwin

Because of this review I excluded it from my list.
By reading reviews at Thomann I accidentally noticed that this speaker has a DSP with a 6 band full parametric EQ with different filter types plus an adjustable audio delay built in!
Not mentioning and discussing the most important feature of this series, what is that? Incompetence or disinfo?

DLS79

Forum Donor
By reading reviews at Thomann I accidentally noticed that this speaker has a DSP with a 6 band full parametric EQ with different filter types plus an adjustable audio delay built in!
Not mentioning and discussing the most important feature of this series, what is that? Incompetence or disinfo?

More like lack of knowledge on your part!

August 21st 2022 : Review date
October 25th 2022 : some version of A control could be downloaded
October 9th 2023 : A control version 1.0 is announced

directly from the review!
The momentary switches are easier to manipulate than competing dip switches. There are three "voicing" options. Pure which is anechoic/flat response. UHR which is Adam's own target and "Ext" which is custom. You program that using Ethernet port. I tried to do that only to find out the software won't be ready until next month. :(

Last edited:

DanTheMan

I really wouldn't exclude this speaker from your list. It's not perfect, but it's list-worthy IMO. That's coming from an owner of the earlier version that's still working perfectly after more than a decade and still very enjoyable.

heflys20

Then it's even worse, because the review was altered and is still not reflecting the importance of the full blown DSP room correction to own taste feature...
How can you tell the review was altered? It doesn't show that it was ever edited. Those two other links are from Adam's media pages, not Amir. LOL.

Last edited:

DLS79

Forum Donor
How can you tell the review was altered?

Honestly the user is either misguided or trolling as far as I am concerned.

when a post has been edited it has a note in the bottom right of the post like this.
Last edited: Aug 21, 2022

@amirm initial review post does not contain that! The last time he posted on this thread was Aug 25, 2022, so again no software had been released at that time. Not to mention PEQ isn't going to solve the resonance problem, at best it might mask it, and hopefully won't limit an end users ability to perform room corrections.

Last edited:

TheZebraKilledDarwin

The most important feature is released after a "review" and the info is withheld from the readers...

Edit: Silly insults removed by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
The most important feature is released after a "review" and the info is withheld from the readers and to this day,

Our host is supposed to track any and all updates to every product he has reviewed?

Maybe consumers shouldn't expect to be spoonfed, and need to take a little responsibility for themselves.

You are way out of line.

Top Bottom