• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Active outdoor speakers

glucenag

Hey there folks.

So I've been searching the web for active outdoor speakers without much success. If they are wifi / network speakers that's better yet but that's not needed. I want them to be active so I don't need an extra Amp for the outdoor part of my roon setup.

Ideally I'd like something that has a not too bad response.

By outdoor I don't mean wireless. I'm fine with mounting them on the outside wall and wiring them.

Ideas?

Cheers!

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Why active? Just asking because speaker wire is easier to install than mains power…

OP
G

glucenag

Well you're right of course but my thinking was that more often than not an outside yard / patio / etc already has an outside wall plug. In that case, if wifi is good enough I can just strap a Raspberry Pi + DAC hat to the back of the active speakers and call it a day. In this setup, what I like is that there is nothing going through a wall which I need to do myself.

Of course you might argue that if I'm going that route I may as well add a power Amp to the party, but that seems to me like a pain and also a liability.

Not sure I'm being super clear / making sense. Comments welcome or course.

OP
G

glucenag

I have that strange feeling of asking for something which I don't realize makes no real sense. Thoughts appreciated.

Top Bottom