• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Active '4 Way', Dual Sub: $5k a pair

D

Deleted member 4708

I have the NHT XD 2.2 for more than 10 years now and love them. There is some magic in the DSP crossover that passive crossover doesn't have (everything else equal).

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I have the NHT XD 2.2 for more than 10 years now and love them. There is some magic in the DSP crossover that passive crossover doesn't have (everything else equal).

Wow, those must have been one of the first DSP crossover speakers...perhaps only the Meridians were earlier?

Eurasian

Forum Donor
I had also been an Xd 2.2 user for many years, until the crossover/amp unit became temperamental. Unfortunately, NHT never followed through on the promise of room correction despite having the DEQX dsp in the box. Perhaps they thought there was too much potential for the user to make the system sound worse with room correction if it was not done properly.

Top Bottom