• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Acoustical draperies with specs (Noise reduction coefficient, Sound absorption average, ...)

sprellemannen

Forum Donor
Rose Brand - a curtain example

What do you think? The specifications can be seen by pressing the "Techincal info" tab in the above link
Is it worth it for use in living rooms (compared to "normal" draperies) ? (and other rooms in the apartment as well)

The home page: Rose Brand

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Senior NEET Engineer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you have hard floors and no other options, then it will be better than nothing imo.

Dimifoot

Forum Donor

Mocs123

Forum Donor
If you try some please report back, this is an interesting concept for us Home Theater users.

Dimifoot

Forum Donor
I had made a thick curtain made of drapilux 204 and wool filling in the past.

They provide test results so one can pick what’s appropriate.

74259B61-8288-4C11-B6B0-2C85CDE6DCE0.jpeg

Mocs123

Forum Donor
Looking at the Rose Brand curtains, they seem to significantly out perform 1" Owens Corning 703 (which may not be the best, but it seems to be what everything is compared to) especially in the lower frequencies which are particularly hard to control. The black velour also looks like it would be good for side walls in a home theater where minimizing light reflections of the screen is paramount.

I was about to build some 4'x2'x2" acoustic absorption panels using rock wool or OC 703 for my theater, but at least for part of it, it looks like this might be a better option.

Top Bottom