• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AC or DC coupling in headphone amp

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello forum I have an Violelectric HPA V90 .

You can have this headphone amps input DC coupled or AC coupled , its a dip switch on the inside the cut of frequency is 12Hz . (default is AC )

What would you use and why ?

My reasoning is that protection from DC is good my DAC is probably DC coupled I have a Topping D70 . DC can come from the recordings themself or some audio mishap on the computer.

But is the implementation any good , any one else using Violelectric/Lake People products with some insight to offer.

OP
M

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have to investigate the source then .

Funny that not many other headphone amps are AC coupled. I think many have systems that are DC coupled trough the whole chain ?

Suppose Lake People is doing a lot of studio equipment where people are listening to raw signals and know the need.

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What about it's output? It may be AC coupled or have DC protection. If so there is no risk to the headphones but perhaps some to the unit itself.

Top Bottom