• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Abyss Diana V2 2nd Review (Headphone)

AndrewDavis

This is a V2- the colors are different between the models.

There is something that nags at me. If this pair is a V2, and the previous measurements of a Diana V2 are different, shouldn’t we withhold judgement until we address the difference and re-measure? Repeatability of results is one of the tenants of the scientific method, as I understand it.

Pardon my uncertainty on this point- I’m reaching way back to the 1990’s and undergraduate science courses! :D:D

Last edited:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

There is something that nags at me. If this pair is a V2, and the previous V2 measurements are different, shouldn’t we withhold judgement until we address the difference? Repeatability of results is one of the tenants of the scientific method, as I understand it.

Pardon my uncertainty here- I’m reaching way back to the 1990’s and undergraduate science courses! :D:D

Amir 'should' take several measurements and average them out. He does not do that so every measurement is 'unique' per say.

you really shouldn't look at differences smaller than +/- 2.5 dB. focus more on Distortion (how loud can it play) and L/R matching.

Xii-Nyth

At this point I think abyss has been trolling the audiophile community.

Multiple Thousand dollar cables which make zero audible difference. The most ugliest flagship headphone. And abhorring objective Performances.

And still managed to build a very attached online following. To the point of Stockholm syndrome.

One day someone will explain how they did it.
linus tech tips

reasons

@amirm any chance that you can get your hands on a Abyss Diana TC? Would love to see those measurements. The unanimous praise with reviewed is awfully fishy.

Arnas

God damn! Would never knew so many snake oil salesman exists, had Amir never created this website.
In couple years i learned more about this hobby than i did in 10 years on head-fi.

God bless Amir! Youre a great man!

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning

There is something that nags at me. If this pair is a V2, and the previous measurements of a Diana V2 are different, shouldn’t we withhold judgement until we address the difference and re-measure? Repeatability of results is one of the tenants of the scientific method, as I understand it.

Pardon my uncertainty on this point- I’m reaching way back to the 1990’s and undergraduate science courses! :D:D
No, that's when you test same unit and got different results. Here we can simply conclude that Abyss has terrible QC.

Top Bottom