• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Utopia, ... I don't know if this is marketing or something, maybe they just don't pair well with tube amps?
Utopia are VERY sensitive to output impedance. Just 10 ohms will already change the bass. Much higher and it will start to sound bloated.
So... if that tube amp had a high output resistance (some do) then yes... the Utopia is a bad match.

And yes... for some people a certain tonality/tuning/EQ can make them prefer just about any headphone.
The fact that you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear is evident. You need to have at least some good properties amongst them comfort and fit.

Has anyone noticed some dampness appear behind the cups? Actual drops of water sometimes. I don't use my headphones in a humid country, nor use them with my head wet, nor use them when sweating, but every now and again I remove the cups to find some drops of water besides the grill part. I assume this may have to do with condensation but is there any way to prevent it?

It has not damaged or had any impact on my headphones sound and it doesn't seem like it goes in, just sits there in the cold metal. I read online its normal for water to behave this way.

Any advice?

Top Bottom