• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Absolute Hearing

stalepie

Sound waves only travel so far, I think, so it wouldn't be possible to hear infinitely.

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
Sound waves only travel so far, I think, so it wouldn't be possible to hear infinitely.

Especially in the vacuum of space. :rolleyes: Or the vacuum of 'audiophilia'. o_O

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
I often wonder how difficult life is for our dogs seeing how they can hear many more sounds and smell many more scents. It would be like being a crowd all the time.

Dog normality. Not a problem.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
By some estimates our sensory bandwidth is near 90% for vision and perhaps 9% for hearing. All the others are far less. I wonder if a dog, since it sees like a red-green color blind human with weaker color representations and about 1/4th the visual acuity devote more sensory bandwidth to hearing and smell in which case like wombat says dog normality. Dogs do see better in low light levels than humans. Just not much detail.

Top Bottom