• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

About Valco ANC Bluetooth Headphones

Jazmanaut

Audio Company
If you have been watching headphone measurement scene closely, you should know, that measurements is just one guideline, but nothing absolute that tells you how headphones actually sounds, when wearing them.
My main reference is my extremely neutral sounding mastering studio, and as a headphone reference Empyreans, wich are imho the most neutral sounding headphones there is. And i have heard them all.
Why we are talking in our marketing only about those ferraris of the headphones, and not a mastering studio should be quite self explanary ;)

Tried to Eq my Mezes once according those Oratory settings, and everything went very harsh and thin sounding.
Btw: Here is another measurements of Mezes: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...udio-empyrean-headphones&catid=263&Itemid=203

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you have been watching headphone measurement scene closely, you should know, that measurements is just one guideline, but nothing absolute that tells you how headphones actually sounds, when wearing them.
Measurements tell a lot, of course there are a individual pinna differences but on average they will tell you if a headphone sounds too bright or warm.
My main reference is my extremely neutral sounding mastering studio, and as a headphone reference Empyreans, wich are imho the most neutral sounding headphones there is. And i have heard them all.
That's also just a personal opinion, I know few people who don't see those Meze as neutral and the measurements are on rather their side.
The impression depends of course also on the pads used as shown in the measurements you posted.
Thats a uncompensated measurement and not really different to the uncompensated measurement of Oratory in orange which I posted above.

Jazmanaut

Audio Company
Thats a uncompensated measurement and not really different to the uncompensated measurement of Oratory in orange which I posted above.
I think that most interesting is how they do compare to the other headphones. But now we are derailing to another topic.

Top Bottom