• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A90 Balanced Passthrough?

heita0

I would like to use my dac with a headphone amp and a speaker amp. To this end, I am thinking of using the A90 XLR-out to connect to my Harman Kardon HK990's balaned input.
Here's the hitch: The HK990 XLR input is not designed to be used with a preamp. That is to say, there is no way of disabling my speaker amp's volume control if I am using the balanced input. This is only possible with a specific RCA input, but I don't want to use unbalanced because I do have grounding issues.

Is there any way I can simply have the signal pass through the A90 and into my speaker amp, without any preamp functionality from the A90? The alternative is to use Y-split cables to connect the speaker amp and A90 to the DAC at the same time: which is an added expense.

Top Bottom