• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Young Adele?

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
She is very very very good.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
She even looks like Adele, from that above profile.

Sorry Amir, I didn't know that you were on a DVR schedule.
I'll abstain from posting further videos of interest to you. :D ...On the very latest.

Wombat

Master Contributor
DVR?

Do they still make those things?

I recently replaced my old pre-smart one. It means my old 'dumb' FPTV can keep chugging along because the new 4K, BluRay/DVD, WiFi, LAN, Internet media connectivity and time shifting of free-to-air programs capability does what I need. Perfect for the digital luddite. :rolleyes:

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
DVR?

Do they still make those things?
Harder to remember to watch things on demand than setting recordings. I especially like the fact that the DVR remembers from the past season to record the new season.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Sorry Amir, I didn't know that you were on a DVR schedule.
I'll abstain from posting further videos of interest to you. :D ...On the very latest.
Couldn't wait any longer so watched the video you post! :D

It is my fault really for falling behind on watching the Voice. My wife doesn't watch it much so I only get to play it when she is doing something else and the queue has backed up.

So keep posting them Bob.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone know what the horizontal string instrument is in that video? Is it an acoustic product or synthesizer?
That is a good question because I wondered the same thing.

I thought it might be a synthesized auto-harp or an omnichord but really don't know.

But this is a synthesized auto-harp:

https://www.amazon.com/Suzuki-Q-Chord-Synthesized-Autoharp-Adapter/dp/B01KTSJ7CO

Or maybe an omnichord.

https://www.amazon.com/Suzuki-QC1-Chord-Digital-Guitar/dp/B0002MSKWG

But neither of those is quite right.

I hope someone knows.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
On a hunch I did a search for anyone else asking what it was and they had! The answer is that it is Harpejji. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpejji

The harpejji is an electric stringed musical instrument developed in 2007 by Tim Meeks, founder of Marcodi Musical Products, and is a descendant of the StarrBoard.[1][2] The instrument aims to bridge the gap in sound and technique between the guitar and the piano. The playing surface has an isomorphic keyboard layout arranged in ascending whole tones across strings, and ascending semi-tones as the strings travel away from the player with a five octave range from A0 to A5. The first harpejji model, the 24 string d1, was produced from January 2008[3] through May 2010. It was subsequently replaced by the k24 which also has 24 strings. The latter model includes updates to the internal electronics, a simplification of the fretboard marker system, and a change from maple to bamboo as the primary wood for the instrument. In January 2011, the g16, a smaller 16 string model with a four octave range (from C2 to C6) and mono output, was introduced. All harpejjis use an electronic muting system to dampen unfretted strings and minimize the impact of sympathetic vibrations.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Why was I late; was it because I wasn't the only one curious to find out...
It is coincidental that three of us were searching in the same lapse of time, and posted within just few minutes of each other.
The last post I saw was the question Amir asked about the string instrument.
I was googling around for 15 minutes or so, then I posted what I found.
And only then that I realized that the two of you posted your discovery as well by few minutes ahead of me.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Searches are strange. I bet we all took different routes to find out.

Amir was smart and apparently looked for those asking about that image in the video.

I started by searching for flat stringed instruments electric (on a hunch it was at least amplified). That sent me a few places and eventually to a long list of images. Scrolling down I eventually saw the picture of it which linked to the article about the guy who invented it.

So how did you do it Northsky? Different in yet another way?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom