• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Audiotone

Resonessence Labs Concero HD, Concero HP, Veritas, Invicta, Herus.

Few of the guys are former ESS company engineers, they claim that they know best the chips and making relatively cheap high end stuff.

Also there are a few cheap SMSL amplifier, like Sap-8, Sap-9, Sap-10etc.
Maybe the many littleDot amplifier would be interesting to check.

any chance for a test?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
The infamous "cheap hybrid tube amp" morph -- which may or may not actually use the tubes for anything important :rolleyes: , in "50 watt" form, rears its head at a US (relatively) mass-market retailer (besides monoprice, I mean).
https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...h-bluetooth-usb-aux-in-sub-out-100w--300-3842

Manifesting an aesthetic that hearkens back to Camera Collector Jason Schneider's epithet: "Imitation Precision" ;)

View attachment 76082

I am almost tempted to get one drop-shipped to @amirm -- but Mrs. H would likely be nonplussed (but not in a good way).

Those are some lovely LEDs making those tubes "glow"! I guess people still fall for that silliness.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
CXA81 please. I see plenty of positive reviews but no measurements.

I don't have a CXA81, but I do have a CXA60, which should give us a good idea of the series. I can send that in once I get my Peachtree Nova 300 back from Amir in a month or two-ish. Yep. One of those is on its way to Amir's evil lab, where he plots to take over the WORLD. I can send my CXNv2 along with it.

Jarg1

I don't have a CXA81, but I do have a CXA60, which should give us a good idea of the series. I can send that in once I get my Peachtree Nova 300 back from Amir in a month or two-ish. Yep. One of those is on its way to Amir's evil lab, where he plots to take over the WORLD. I can send my CXNv2 along with it.

I have a CXA81 but alas nothing to substitute if I lent it for a test. Also Stereophile did recently review and measure this model.

ripmixburn

Forum Donor
I would love to see a backlog of equipment reviews that are either in the backlog, or desired by members of the community. For example, if I were to see a big demand for a piece of equipment I owned to be tested, I would feel more likely to ship it to Amir.

I see that Rtings has something similar: https://www.rtings.com/speaker/suggestions

It would better quantify what the community is looking for. I definitely have some equipment I'd love to see reviewed, but many requests scattered across forums seem to lack coherence.

Does anyone have suggestions? Perhaps a Google Forms/Sheets hybrid? Or does XenForo offer something?

Willem

Major Contributor
With this year's surge in video conferencing and online teaching I would be interested to see some tests of cheap headsets, either rca or usb. My wife and I use pretty fancy stuff, but students in particular continue to use horrible microphones built into their crummy laptops, and sadly the same applies to some colleagues and friends. What can I tell them to get, and what not?

AHo

probably another unlikely one, but I'd love to see an objective measurement of a pair of Jern 14 speakers. I'm intrigued by the cast iron that they claim has superior characteristics compared to wood/MDF speakers and they receive plenty subjective praise. But I can't find much objective information on the performance of the combined product.

projekt29

Hello Community,

I'm new here and I'm from the heart of Germany, the Ruhrpott.
I am so sorry for my poor school English , even though I have a translator to cast ... er, it makes better!
I saw in the Audio Electronics Review and measurement index that some Ifi audio devices have already heard.
As for me, was the USB interference signal filter ifi iSilencer + & iDefender + compared to the Würth Elektronik 82999-/ 829993 stick (16 € / 23€).
or are they all the same garbage as the Jitterbug?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
https://de.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/s...1&catentryId=256889175,256889176&pageType=PLP

Attachments

• 829993STICK.pdf
    685.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 829999STICK.pdf
    639.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Randalljkrebs

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Has anyone seen a review of the newer peachtree nova 150- 300 or 500 yet?

Stereophile reviewed the 300 a while back. The results were... interesting.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/peachtree-audio-nova300-integrated-amplifier-measurements

My 300 has arrived at Amir's place, although the testing queue is potentially up to 6 weeks long.

My expectation is that it will perform better than most any AVR, but nowhere near SOTA. Good enough to justify its existence with its excellent feature set, and its flaws will be inaudible. We shall see...

Last edited:

posvibes

I don't know if it has already be done but would it be of any interest or benefit to measure the amplification especially at the headphone output of an average priced Smart TV?

TV's are becoming thinner and a central point of entertainment in all its form in the home, I do quite a bit of listening to radio stations via my hifi set up for instance from the TV or listening via the headphone input on the TV or via Bluetooth headphones to TV shows and films.

But in this energy conscious world I don't always have the HiFi running the TV programs although it is much more enjoyable no matter what the content.

My Hisense TV has a basic equalizer as well as a number of audio settings. I wonder as how much bother they go to with sonic component of the TV?

Just a thought.

cputoaster

Not sure if this is even a thing you test here, but I would be very interested in knowing if a more recent OFDMA router (eg Asus ax86) and receivers (eg RP-AX56) would work fine as AES67 transports. In the same room. Eg, hook an AES67 source up to the router, attach 16 Genelec AES67 monitors via one RP-AX56 each and measure if there is any actual problem by measuring dropouts, delay / sync issues from the actual speakers.

Its clear that Wifi will add all kind of problems, but with the new 6e band coming there would be the opportunity to keep one 5/6Ghz band free for audio-only and only use proper OFDMA stuff that can use overlaid orthogonal channels to reduce latency. Even a single 26-RU would be enough for a single channel of audio. I would love digital wireless speakers in my HT. All the proprietary systems (WISA etc) are surely fine but don't profit from the massive R&D budgets and scale of commodity products.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
@amirm

A idea, iv a JBL boom box, common purchase for common needs . Can we measure such devices that straddle the audio enthusiast and ordinary folk devide and importantly provide a EQ recommendation for those running these kind of things like a ' ordinary person ' so a abbreviation, sticking to a common equalisers abilities. So 10 band ( mine seems to have 9 bands ) .

Now your on YouTube I think you'd get more interest for this than we would of had it only been a text based medium like this forum .

I belive in EQ , its ability even when limited to 5 or 10 bands on a common phones software t, it can provide a huge and satisfying improvement.

That improvement might, when experienced turn more people onto a more ' data ' and ' science ' based approach.

Top Bottom