• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Kinki Studio

Off topic aside, that name has always bothered me.

I can't decide if it's supposed to be an intentional misspelling of the English "kinky" or if it's supposed to be "taboo" in Japanese (kinki/きんき/禁忌)

orbitaldebri

Wishlist.

Soundcards:
- RME BabyFace Pro
- RMA DigiFace USB (analog out)
- Arturia Audiofuse

Portable DAC/Amp:
- HRT microStreamer
- HRT dSp
- Musiland MU2 (w/o "plus")

Test measurements:
- Crosstalk
- S/N (w/o THD)
- output impedance vs. freq.

Test for all DUTs:
- THD (w/o Noise) vs. freq. & out power
- IMD vs. freq. & out power

+1 for Arturia Audiofuse. Also if there is a chance for the original Babyface also that would be super!

Saeniv

I would really like to see some measurements from:

ifi ZEN CAN
Mayflower ARC MK2

Thanks a lot for your work.

Sam1879

Hi there. My first Post :)

There are many offers of these 80/100W per chanel Audience AMP25 / AMP35 Amps on Aliexpress.
It offers LineIn and Bluetooth, and it's described with "0.08% THD".
It's descibed as a MOSFET-Amp with "Superior Sound Quality"

Price is under 200$, with PS usually.

Would be great to have especially the Audience AMP35 measured, as I think the design and build quality of these seem to be quite good.

It think the (mostly included) delivered external power supply only brings 72W. Maybe it's important to have a stronger supply for testing purposes.
Photos of inner parts are attached.

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge here and have a nice day.

Best regards.

Sam

Edit: The AMP35 even has an USB-Dac.

Attachments

• IMG_0767.JPEG
    IMG_0767.JPEG
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    782.6 KB · Views: 420

Bamboszek

Imho looks like it is based at TDA7294 chipamp. At least I don't know any other class AB single chip solution in MOSFET technology and that type of case. But I wonder how they managed to generate negative rail from single wall wart. I see only three small 4.7uH inductors, no way it's high power SMPS. Possibly single supply capacitor coupled?
If they didn't failed at anything you should expect 60-70dB of SINAD at best. Enclosure looks elegant and well made but IMHO class D is more interesting, especially in this price bracket.

Sam1879

Thank you.
Just checked the TDA7294 documentation and specs, and there are already some thoughts about it on this forum.
Seems to be at least something very similar to a TDA7294. Though the chip doesn't look exaxtly like pictures of the TDA7294.
Chip in the AMP is not labeled, but also if its not a TDA7294 probably it won't deliver any better specs. Guess your right with "60-70dB of SINAD at best." Still would be great to see some measurements :)
Have a nice day.

Bamboszek

Hmm, you might be right. As I recall there was TDA7294 version with isolated package without tab.
Chipamp market is mostly dominated by LM3886 and TDA7294 but that doesn't mean it couldn't something more exotic ;)
Possibly some Chinese manufacturer? Few years ago I heard about Canaan Semiconductors chipamps. They claimed really good performance but I never seen any commercial product utilizing their ICs. http://canaan-semi.com/epage/amp/mobile/index.html

RaphTim

I wonder about Kinki Studio EX-M7 amp's measyrements
I would like to see this measured as well , some reported that the amp could not do low frequency as per the spec ,DC voltage spike would lead to speaker protection would kick in .

brimble

Forum Donor
Electrostatic headphone amplifiers please! Especially the solid-state Stax ones.

Thank you for this marvellous web site!

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would like to see this measured as well , some reported that the amp could not do low frequency as per the spec ,DC voltage spike would lead to speaker protection would kick in .
I predict bad things for Kinki Studio. Those products look like form over function has been emphasized and the website contains audiophile buzzwords and regurgitates some audiophile myths.

MuseIcal

This may have been mentioned already, but this is a product I'd like to see reviewed;

https://mathaudio.com/room-eq.htm

MathAudio Room EQ VST/AU and Room EQ for Foobar2000

• Corrects deficiencies of room acoustics (multipoint compensation).
  • Corrects acoustic imperfections of speakers.
  • Avoids the pre-echo (pre-ringing) problem of conventional convolver-based room correction systems. The absence of pre-echo ensures the neutrality of the sound.
  • Works in rooms, halls and outdoor venues of any size.
  • Works with zero latency. Perfect for live performances and studio monitoring. Doesn't delay the audio track when playing video.
  • Corrects both amplitude and phase components of frequency response.
  • Quells resonance peaks of frequency response while leaving the deep notches. Avoids the overcompensation which happens in conventional linearizing room correction systems.
  • Manually adjustable level of compensation allows one to reach the maximum transparency of the sound.
  • Supports full range of sample rates from 44,056 kHz up to 384 kHz. All sample rates are supported without resampling to avoid any possible loss in quality.
  • Includes a custom target curve feature.
  • Applies 64-bit signal path throughout.
  • Works with USB measurement microphones (e.g. MiniDSP UMIK-1 or Dayton Audio UMM-6) or standard measurement microphones (e.g. NADY CM100 or Dayton Audio EMM-6).
  • Supports microphone calibration files.
  • Applies a patented method of frequency response correction.

MuseIcal

A speaker I would like to see reviewed is the Polk RTi A3.

I owned a pair of these and thought they were very good. Especially good for a speaker under $250.00

https://www.polkaudio.com/en/bookshelf-speakers/rtia3

6 1/2-inch Dynamic Balance® woofer, 1-inch Dynamic Balance dome tweeter and 150 Watt power handling

ON-WALL, BOOKSHELF AND SOUNDBARS

• Qty Included Pair
  • Availability US Internationally
  • Orientation Vertical
  • Height 14.75" (37.47 cm)
  • Width 8.44" (21.44 cm)
  • Depth 14" (35.56 cm)
  • Weight 16 lbs (7.26 kg)
  • Front Array Driver Enclosure Type PowerPort Bass Venting And ARC Port
  • Front Array Driver Complement • (1) 6.5" (16.51 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance driver with polymer composite cone and rubber surround - Mid/Woofer
    • (1) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance silk polymer composite dome - Tweeter
AUDIO QUALITY
  • Total Frequency Response 40 Hz → 27,000 Hz
  • Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
  • Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter) 89 dB
  • Lower and Upper -3dB Limits 50 Hz → 26,000 Hz
CROSSOVER
  • Type 2-way
  • Tweeter/Midrange Crossover Frequency 2800 Hz
EXTERNAL AMPLIFIER
  • Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel 20 watts → 150 watts
INPUTS
  • Audio Inputs -
  • Speaker Inputs (1) Pair of Dual 5-way Binding Posts - Gold-Plated

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Would love to see Tekton Double Impacts and MOABs reviewed.
Would love to see a Spin of those. The horizontal performance using their tweeter arrays is pretty good, vertical performance is a crap shoot though, so would be interesting how they would combine. Also, I'd like to say that I heavily dislike their false specs, you can find the drivers they are using, and the rated sensitivity is higher than the single tweeter (the arrays are only for the midrange), Stereophile measurements confirm this as well (measured 87.5dB for the Impact, spec is 94dB).

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Burchardt A500s - actives

m8o

Forum Donor
PI 2 Design's PI2AES
(Testing it's IIS output too)