• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Interface:
- Motu M2
- Released Nov 2019
- $170usd
Image.png

Subwoofer:
- Dayton Audio SUB-1200
- $150usd
- Ranked 'The Best Budget Subwoofer', by Wirecutter
- While we have lots of measurements of good brand subwoofers (Rythmik, SVS, etc), we don't have an analysis of a budget one like this.
- Besides me, there's 5 more members who would like this measured as well. Link

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The infamous "cheap hybrid tube amp" morph -- which may or may not actually use the tubes for anything important :rolleyes: , in "50 watt" form, rears its head at a US (relatively) mass-market retailer (besides monoprice, I mean).
https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...h-bluetooth-usb-aux-in-sub-out-100w--300-3842

Manifesting an aesthetic that hearkens back to Camera Collector Jason Schneider's epithet: "Imitation Precision" ;)

1596245145492.png

I am almost tempted to get one drop-shipped to @amirm -- but Mrs. H would likely be nonplussed (but not in a good way).

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
164 smackers...
and its got a DAC and BT and tubes and everything...

:)

1596245790044.png

Bamboszek

Nobsound NS-01G
Miniature 2x50W stereo amplifier based at TPA3116D2 with volume control and analog, USB and BT 5.0 input.
31 USD at Amazon.com or even cheaper at Aliexpress.
https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Bluetooth-Amplifier-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B06Y67PZB1
There are similar, a bit more expensive versions with other form factor, higher power (100W) or even DSP.
If TPA3116D2 is properly implemented this could be very interesting and dirt cheap amplifier. Subjective reviews over the internet are rather positive.
What do you think @amirm ?

Veri

Master Contributor
Nobsound NS-01G
Miniature 2x50W stereo amplifier based at TPA3116D2 with volume control and analog, USB and BT 5.0 input.
31 USD at Amazon.com or even cheaper at Aliexpress.
https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Bluetooth-Amplifier-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B06Y67PZB1
There are similar, a bit more expensive versions with other form factor, higher power (100W) or even DSP.
If TPA3116D2 is properly implemented this could be very interesting and dirt cheap amplifier. Subjective reviews over the internet are rather positive.
What do you think @amirm ?
The top 2 amazon reviews are not very positive at all...
-Low Power; Very Limited Range - not worth buying
-resets at least once a day and plays the start up sound

Bamboszek

Most issues are with Bluetooth connection. Even considering only analog input, this device might be a bargain.
Power supply is included but I suppose that it won't allow to reach full 100W. Measurements with better PSU could be interesting.

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
1. Definitely more DIY speakers, especially horn loaded high sensitivity ones.

2. Active crossovers

3. Digital Crossover/speaker management systems- perhaps some Chinese ones to see how they measure with there unbeatable prices.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Cheap and dear streamer + DAC : basic Pi , "better" Pi, compared to something a bit more slick looking.

NDRQ

Would be nice to review a β22 diy headphone amplifier, maybe its a hidden gem like the Hypex Ncore.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Id appreciate Amirm's thoughts on bidets ?
They are a wonderful but underused invention in the west. Now, I can test them but no way I am getting a bunch of people on one and perform a "blind test" to see how clean it got them! You on the other hand, are well situated for such tests Thomas.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
They are a wonderful but underused invention in the west. Now, I can test them but no way I am getting a bunch of people on one and perform a "blind test" to see how clean it got them! You on the other hand, are well situated for such tests Thomas.
Blind , nose blind ?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Id appreciate Amirm's thoughts on bidets ?

Come on don't pretend like you don't have a lifetimes experience, both me and @watchnerd eagerly await your response.

Are we talking about modern Japanese washlet-type bidets?

Or old-school European type?

We have one of the former. We haven't upgraded to the new version that plays music.

If we do, I could send it to @amirm to evaluate it as a speaker before installation.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Are we talking about modern Japanese washlet-type bidets?

Or old-school European type?

We have one of the former. We haven't upgraded to the new version that plays music.

If we do, I could send it to @amirm to evaluate it as a speaker before installation.
You better had , you know all his life has been leading up to measuring shit can speakers .

Let's hope directivity is better than I can manage after a late night garlic chilli king prawn.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Top Bottom