• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

NDRQ

Resonessence Labs Concero HD, Concero HP, Veritas, Invicta, Herus.

Few of the guys are former ESS company engineers, they claim that they know best the chips and making relatively cheap high end stuff.

Also there are a few cheap SMSL amplifier, like Sap-8, Sap-9, Sap-10etc.
Maybe the many littleDot amplifier would be interesting to check.

Last edited:

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
As they make/made an AVR worthy of purchase, the Denon DNP-800NE streamer maybe?

ribosradagast

I am new to this site, but I have been reading a lot here for months, so for me would be interesting to see:

Emotiva BasX A-100
and some Peachtree int amp, the DAC stage mostly for me.
I have both of these as well, and would be interested in seeing them measured.

racePigeon

Hi,

I am new to the forum.

May I suggest the Audioengine HDP6 (Passive)?

This is an affordable speaker that got some good reviews.

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
How about this $30 DAP?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QHQ79XH/

Don't laugh. This is a very nice device for $30. Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset.WDC9xx DAC. Android 8. LG made, easily replaceable battery.

Simply throw away the Net10 sim card and stuff - use on WiFi without it. Install BubbleUpnp to access external servers/libraries..

Really curious to see how the DAC compares to the default single DAC in the G7 test.. But can also be used with OTG cable and external DAC

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

batfunk

Jean Marie Reynaud Bliss. Very good reputation in France, same transparency philosophy as Revel, but expensive...

D888

Many thanks to @amirm for all the great work and efforts in advancing objectivity into this hobby...

I'd like to humbly submit my review wishlist...

1. Vinnie Rossi L2i integrated amp
2. Focal Trio11 Be active monitors
3. Naim Uniti Atom all-in-one
4. QLN Prestige 3 speakers

Here's to keeping fingers crossed!

D888

How about testing the toslink out of smart tvs that have chromecast built-in? Am presently using that as a source to stream Tidal in one of my rooms. I can also access local files over LAN using bubbleupnp.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Three pieces of equipment, Onkyo TX 8270 Stereo AV Receiver, the miniDSP SHD Power & the Audioengine B-Fi.

Last edited:

MASKINEN

I would like to see Emotiva products like PA-1 and Nuprime products like the STA-9 amplifiers.

Unfortunately I live in Sweden so it would be quite costly (and maybe greater risk of damage) to ship my own.. but hopefully someone living closer can ship them.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

balletboy

More reviews of Devialet (both amplifiers and speakers) wanted.
Amir's review of Devialet Export 200 was interesting.
ASR Devialet 200 review

I own one, but never looked at reviews or measurements. I just found some detailed measurements done by BHK Labs of an Expert 130, which is two generations ahead of the one Amir managed to get to stop working, but just behind the current 140 Pro.

https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...er&catid=97:amplifier-measurements&Itemid=154

The curious thing is that they also have the measurements of a first generation D-Premier, that look similar to the 130 Expert, but Expert almost certainly sounds better. I did a blind test of the 250 Expert Pro and the previous Le 250 (at a dealer and they look identical, which helps) and there was a clear difference in sound.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
I think Schiit was kind enough to send me one long time ago and I have forgotten to review it. :)
Oh! Looking forward to that!! :)

looking forward to this one, too
for the reason of being really unhappy with it and still not knowing if it has a design flaw or if it's just my unit (i'll disclose that further if/when there's a serious review up, because i already got tons of bs from fanboys)

Top Bottom