• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

sprellemannen

Forum Donor
My wish list (in random order):
1) Benchmark HPA4 (both the line amplifier part and the headphone amplifier part).
2) Benchmark AHB2
3) Revel Ultima Salon2.
4) KEF Reference 1.

5) (added) Reviews of acoustic treatment products from manufacturers like Acoustic GRG Products Ltd (making RPG) or Vicoustic.

I want to add this: Thanks to Amir for his many reviews! I love that he measures the gear under review, compares reviewed gear (both regarding to the measurements and price) and that he writes short conclusions. In contrast to most other hi-fi-reviewers, I find his conclusions well-written and spot on. Thumbs up for Amir!

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Good thread and thanks for the kind words regarding the work I do.

Benchmark is willing to loan me their gear. I am waiting until the Massdrop THX amp is released to request their HPA4 to compare. And for my workload to go down.

On Revel Salon 2, what do you like reviewed on it? Since I own them I of course could do a subjective review but for objective measurements, I am not setup yet. And at any rate, Harman has that data.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think one of the reasons Benchmark have such credibility is that they provide comprehensive measured data for their products, and perhaps more importantly the data provided has always seemed to be verified by independent measurements which means that people have confidence in the veracity of the data provided by them. Although not cheap their gear is well designed and built, measures extremely well and they seem to be a company with genuine integrity.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Gabikaze

Hello all. First post here. First of all, thank you Amirm for all the time you spend doing this. This a jewel of the internet.

As for a new piece of gear to test: The new(ish) solaris dac from cranesong is getting excellent review from the pro community. I would love to see you test and analyse it.
Not cheap though.

http://www.cranesong.com/SOLARIS.html

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been wanting to send you my PS Audio DirectStream Dac. Justifying the shipping cost of that beast and hoping it doesn't get destroyed in shipping is what's holding me back. Especially since it has been measured and well documented by JA of Stereophile.

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Crane song is in Wisconsin and may be willing to send you one. The avocet is well known and used to be best in class. Now everything is excellent, can we here the difference between a topping d50 and an avocet?

rajapruk

Forum Donor
The gen1 Cambridge Dacmagic would be fun to see measurements of. A classic.
It was my first dac, and I loved it.
I modded mine back in the days with better regulators and shorted the output-caps, after reading a monstruos mod-thread at diyaudio.com.

Last edited:

rajapruk

Forum Donor
Antelope dacs were very haussed some years ago by a fellow audiophile of mine, would be fun to see one measured.

Last edited:

rajapruk

Forum Donor
Bruno Putzeys mentioned Bricasti as the dac to have at one point in time. So it is probably really something.

Wombat

Master Contributor

rajapruk

Forum Donor
A comparing test of current class-d amps would be really nice. Preferably the top shelf chips from:
Hypex
Pascal
Ice-power
Anaview
Etc.

Top Bottom