• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That was my mistake as well, those are Singapore dollars, in USD it is $650. I'm considering to buy one after hearing lots of praise.
Ah, that is not as expensive as I thought. Are you in US and if so, want to buy one for me to test?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm I just received the Hiby R6 Pro DAP, Would you be interested in testing this latest and "greatest" DAP?
I looked up its specs and saw this:

1549417232934.png

:)

But yes, if it is the greatest, let's measure it! Please start a conversation with me and we will take it from there.

This might be tough to pull off but could add valuable context in the search for a budget speaker amp ....

I think it would be really interesting to measure an amp from an active speaker - probably from a budget or midrange speaker given the test itself would entail deconstructing the speaker. This could potentially inform the search for a budget amp, as you would see the amp measurements that a speaker designer deemed good enough to drive their speaker to its potential.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Don't pretend to have immersive knowledge of all that has been suggested or discussed on the site. Sorry if this was already brought forwards.

The EVGA Nu Audio soundcard might be cheap enough to buy yourself. Or reasonably interesting if you wished to add another sound card to your tested devices. Designed in part with Audio Note in the UK it really is an odd duck. Supposedly it can drive a reasonably power hungry headphone.

mickeyd123

Patreon Donor
Has the little dot mkIII been reviewed here? If not I have one I can send.

Also question- can someone recommend a tube amp or tube amp/dac combo that actually gives the "tube" sound that is sought after? I need one for my office audio setup. Already have the little dot mk3 at home, but want to try something else for office. Open to ideas up to $1k. Anyone have experience with woo audio fireflies wa 7 or quad pa1 (on sale for $999).

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Open to ideas up to $1k. Anyone have experience with woo audio fireflies wa 7 or quad pa1 (on sale for $999).
I have a Woo Audio in for review....

What are you referring to?
The fact of having no idea how interested anyone here might be towards this soundcard. Rarely do more than skim the latest reviews when I pop by for Fun and Learning®.

Inquisitive minds may not need be put off by the obvious gamey scent. At least in part because the CEO is actually into high end audio. He appears to be actively encouraging his age earning customers down the enlightened path.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The EVGA Nu Audio soundcard might be cheap enough to buy yourself. Or reasonably interesting if you wished to add another sound card to your tested devices. Designed in part with Audio Note in the UK it really is an odd duck. Supposedly it can drive a reasonably power hungry headphone.
We have had tons of discussions about this card going back to when it was announced. Personally I see no reason to get an internal DAC of any sort. Plugging in headphones into them is a pain and no advantage is there otherwise in cost, etc.

As to affording it, I can. Problem is if it doesn't do well, I become the last owner of it!

Regardless, I just purchased it. I will hold you all responsible if it doesn't do well. :D

Top Bottom