• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

balletboy

More reviews of Devialet (both amplifiers and speakers) wanted.
Amir's review of Devialet Export 200 was interesting.
ASR Devialet 200 review
I own one, but never looked at reviews or measurements. I just found some detailed measurements done by BHK Labs of an Expert 130, which is two generations ahead of the one Amir managed to get to stop working, but just behind the current 140 Pro.

https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...er&catid=97:amplifier-measurements&Itemid=154

The curious thing is that they also have the measurements of a first generation D-Premier, that look similar to the 130 Expert, but Expert almost certainly sounds better. I did a blind test of the 250 Expert Pro and the previous Le 250 (at a dealer and they look identical, which helps) and there was a clear difference in sound.

I think Schiit was kind enough to send me one long time ago and I have forgotten to review it. :)
Oh! Looking forward to that!! :)
looking forward to this one, too
for the reason of being really unhappy with it and still not knowing if it has a design flaw or if it's just my unit (i'll disclose that further if/when there's a serious review up, because i already got tons of bs from fanboys)

sweetchaos

Forum Donor
Interface:
- Motu M2
- Released Nov 2019
- $170usd
Image.png

Subwoofer:
- Dayton Audio SUB-1200
- $150usd
- Ranked 'The Best Budget Subwoofer', by Wirecutter
- While we have lots of measurements of good brand subwoofers (Rythmik, SVS, etc), we don't have an analysis of a budget one like this.
- Besides me, there's 5 more members who would like this measured as well. Link

mhardy6647

Major Contributor
The infamous "cheap hybrid tube amp" morph -- which may or may not actually use the tubes for anything important :rolleyes: , in "50 watt" form, rears its head at a US (relatively) mass-market retailer (besides monoprice, I mean).
https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...h-bluetooth-usb-aux-in-sub-out-100w--300-3842

Manifesting an aesthetic that hearkens back to Camera Collector Jason Schneider's epithet: "Imitation Precision" ;)

1596245145492.png

I am almost tempted to get one drop-shipped to @amirm -- but Mrs. H would likely be nonplussed (but not in a good way).

Nobsound NS-01G
Miniature 2x50W stereo amplifier based at TPA3116D2 with volume control and analog, USB and BT 5.0 input.
31 USD at Amazon.com or even cheaper at Aliexpress.
https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Bluetooth-Amplifier-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B06Y67PZB1
There are similar, a bit more expensive versions with other form factor, higher power (100W) or even DSP.
If TPA3116D2 is properly implemented this could be very interesting and dirt cheap amplifier. Subjective reviews over the internet are rather positive.
What do you think @amirm ?

Veri

Major Contributor
Nobsound NS-01G
Miniature 2x50W stereo amplifier based at TPA3116D2 with volume control and analog, USB and BT 5.0 input.
31 USD at Amazon.com or even cheaper at Aliexpress.
https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Bluetooth-Amplifier-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B06Y67PZB1
There are similar, a bit more expensive versions with other form factor, higher power (100W) or even DSP.
If TPA3116D2 is properly implemented this could be very interesting and dirt cheap amplifier. Subjective reviews over the internet are rather positive.
What do you think @amirm ?
The top 2 amazon reviews are not very positive at all...
-Low Power; Very Limited Range - not worth buying
-resets at least once a day and plays the start up sound

Most issues are with Bluetooth connection. Even considering only analog input, this device might be a bargain.
Power supply is included but I suppose that it won't allow to reach full 100W. Measurements with better PSU could be interesting.

Trdat

Forum Donor
1. Definitely more DIY speakers, especially horn loaded high sensitivity ones.

2. Active crossovers

3. Digital Crossover/speaker management systems- perhaps some Chinese ones to see how they measure with there unbeatable prices.

Jimbob54

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cheap and dear streamer + DAC : basic Pi , "better" Pi, compared to something a bit more slick looking.