• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The posted measurements of the above listed amps are correct though. I own the Hypex NC502MP and have owned the NC400's and the ICE 1200AS2.

Do you mean the manufacturer measurements?

rajapruk

Forum Donor
That looks nice! It is tempting to buy it despite the $350 price.....

I have one, using it as sound interface for measurements of my speakers. Very flexible inputs and outputs, like a swiss army knife of sound.

rajapruk

Forum Donor
The posted measurements of the above listed amps are correct though. I own the Hypex NC502MP and have owned the NC400's and the ICE 1200AS2.

What is your subjective experienced difference between these ones? I am myself considering these ones.
Does the better manufacturer specs of NC400 translate into better subjective sound, for you?

Veri

Master Contributor
I've always wondered about the performance of top-tier mastering DACs,

such as the Dangerous Convert-2, or maybe the Crane Song Solaris, or Burl/Bricasti DACs as the list goes on...

Wombat

Master Contributor
I've always wondered about the performance of top-tier mastering DACs,

such as the Dangerous Convert-2, or maybe the Crane Song Solaris, or Burl/Bricasti DACs as the list goes on...

As the names become more ridiculous so the performance-price ratio seems to decrease. :rolleyes:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Veri

Master Contributor
I was going to get it but it was measured (or was it the spec?) and it was poor. So I did not see the point of getting it.
SBAF measured it as a 10.5-bit or so DAC :p

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd be interested in seeing some reviews of Shanling equipment, as they're one of the better known and more established Chinese audio equipment manufacturers and some of their DAPs seem well specified, nicely made and good value for money.

NDRQ

Wolud be nice to review a Resonessence Labs Dac, maybe the Concero HD.
Those are praised by many sites and the interesting fact is that the company is founded by former ESS engineers.

DuxServit

Forum Donor
FPGA-based DACs would be interesting. It would be cool to verify if those regular upgrades to the firmware actually produces measurable improvements or differences.

Veri

Master Contributor
FPGA-based DACs would be interesting. It would be cool to verify if those regular upgrades to the firmware actually produces measurable improvements or differences.
Some Chord products have been measured.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wolud be nice to review a Resonessence Labs Dac, maybe the Concero HD.
Those are praised by many sites and the interesting fact is that the company is founded by former ESS engineers.
Didn't know this about their background. No wonder they had one of the first implementation of one of their Pro dacs a while ago.

As for testing, I don't think it will show good value:

1543094486151.png

That would make its SINAD 100 or thereabouts. So nothing exceptional.

Their more expensive units have much better specs but go for thousands of dollars.

NDRQ

Yes, maybe not the best value compared to others, but would be interesting to see detailed measurements.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just received a Loxjie D20 DAC and my initial impressions are quite good; more based on functions and ergonomics than any performance analysis. It seems well thought out ergonomically.

I understand it is one of the first cheap DACs from a major company (Sabaj/SMSL) to use the AK4497EQ. Measurement would help to compare it to the similarly priced Topping D50. The DAC is lightweight and small so if it gets put on the test schedule, I would not mind shipping mine out.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I understand it is one of the first cheap DACs from a major company (Sabaj/SMSL) to use the AK4497EQ. Measurement would help to compare it to the similarly priced Topping D50.
Mine has arrived too and it is sitting somewhere in the large pile of gear waiting to be reviewed. :)

Top Bottom