• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A supervolcano that could destroy humanity is ready to erupt — and NASA is trying to figure out how to contain it.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
http://uk.businessinsider.com/nasa-...-a-volcano-that-may-wipe-out-humanity-2018-10

5bb760fc49aa855767686fc5-960-720.jpg

The hotter it gets in the volcano, the more gases it produces — and when the heat exceeds a certain threshold, an explosion is inevitable.

Wow, and it's nearby, the USA would go first. Then Canada and Mexico.
This has my attention, there is enough magma underground to rise above all the hacking, nuclear warheads, and the cultural and social and financial and geographical crisis all reunited in the world's conflicts.

It has been studied for years and now it is resurfacing again in the top news. Why? Because it's serious.

And why NASA is involved in trying to contain it? Why not put the FBI and the CIA and the department of natural disasters on it too? Why not put the world's scientists like Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Donald, Justin, France, Italy best puzzle solvers, master chess players, the society of universal association from the Big Hadron Collider, everyone with a master degree in geology and global climate, plus all the Nobel Peace Prize winners on it too?

I'm numorous a little but if this is truly serious the NASA by themselves won't save this planet.

How concerned are you? Are you ready to go right on location and take some measurements? What kind of tools are required, temperature gauges? ...Ultraviolet cameras that can see through the planet's crust and deep underground?

1%20for%20nature%20lovers%20yellowstone.jpg

Below Yellowstone National Park, there's a huge magma reservoir that has the potential to destroy humanity.

Last edited:

derp1n

Maybe Elon Musk can send his pedosub in and fix this.

Or just don't believe everything you read. There is no imminent threat. Worry about something real instead.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
There are a few supervolcanoes around the world currently. The Yellowstone one being the most deeply studied and closely monitored.

By most accepted accounts, its more or less been stable for now.

The one that is most likely to explode is the one next to Naples, Italy. That one would wipe large swaths of the Mediterranean region and Europe.

In any case, you really cannot do anything about any of them.

Just be hopeful that you're not within 2~500 km of its epicenter or be in the magnitude of the Toba eruption some 75,000 years ago. should it erupt and go about life as best as you can.

Sythrix

Alright, alright... calm down. I know what to do. I've seen "The Core".

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Maybe Elon Musk can send his pedosub in and fix this.

Or just don't believe everything you read. There is no imminent threat. Worry about something real instead.

I am not worry one bit.

But because you are, just tell me what worries you the most, really?
Elon Musk tweets?

derp1n

I am not worry one bit.

But because you are, just tell me what worries you the most, really?
Elon Musk tweets?
People who believe everything they read in the media.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Lol, you're a troll, you have nothing, nothing intelligent to say. :D:p
You are lost in this vast ocean.

The more you keep @ it the deeper you hide your head in the Sahara desert.

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Lol, you're a troll, you have nothing, nothing intelligent to say. :D:p
You are lost in this vast ocean.

The more you keep @ it the deeper you hide your head in the Sahara desert.
Bob, can you not accuse our respected members of being “trolls” and generally insult their intelligence please. Oh and putting a :D and a :p on the end of a insult does not make it ok.

You seem to be very defensive at the moment and I dare say rude too of late, it’s really not necessary.

Cheers

Top Bottom