• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Portable, More Seamless Alternative to the RCF Evox 8?

Regev

So,

I have a sweet RCF Evox 8 active column in my living room. I connected it to a Logitech BT Adapter to stream music through Spotify on my phone. However, the system is quite heavy, and I feel like it's an overkill for my uses - its either inside the home (where the volume knob is REALLY low, otherwise it would kill us), or outside in my balcony (about 100 square meter), where it is outstanding, but just very heavy to carry. This is my outdoor setup (note teh Evox 8 to the left):

OutdoorCinemaReg-1024x768.jpeg

I thought about selling it, and getting something with a similar audio quality (but much smaller, because I don't need all that power), and with built-in WiFi or Spotify, etc - so that I can stream music without the need for a Bluetooth adaptor. Maybe even a completely wireless system (tho I can do without),.

Is there any such beast? Anything that you recommend?

Thanks

Last edited:

PurpleEyes82

Hey! Just randomly came across with your post. Are you still willing to sell the RCF Evox 8? I am looking for one and I'd buy it! Is it the V2?

Top Bottom