• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A new trend on amplifier performance

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
For sure the best sound for your amp is a table, the top at least 3" thick, made of Lutetium with a top layer of Francium. The table legs should be made of a titanium core, wound with layers of carbon fiber, kevlar, and gold plated silver, with an acoustic absorbing layer between each layer. The legs should sit on top of 3 coil springs concentrically positioned, and controlled with magnetorheoligical fluid dampers. Finally, a large hole in the table top, directly under the amplifier, where a 1 kW heater is mounted to blow hot air directly on the amplifier. :)

raest

i would really, really like to try a trip on the hallucinogens WhatHiFi uses. from the looks of it, they sound pretty awesome!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
i would really, really like to try a trip on the hallucinogens WhatHiFi uses. from the looks of it, they sound pretty awesome!
Snake oil fumes lead to glorious visions and flights of imagination. And I'm sure the smell of crisp new bills from their advertisers contributes to the euphoria.

djtetei

I wonder if, even under the influence of some halucinogene substances, the "dudes" from What Hi-fi would dare to review the Objective 2 headphone amplifier and be "objective" in saying that it is better than other industry brand name products who's technical specifications are kept under a vale of "objective" secrecy.

Bleib

Major Contributor
It's just...money

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Conclusion: Money talks and smells like snake oil?

Top Bottom