• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A new trend on amplifier performance

DonR

Major Contributor
Switching it off and on kills it too.
Heat is the dominant failure vector. Temperature cycling stress can lead to other modes of failure depending on design and manufacturing and the quality of components used. The most common failure through temperature cycling is solder joint stress cracks. Ideally, an amplifier should be designed to run optimally cool, thus avoiding excessive heat as well as degradation from temperature cycling.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
H

Heulpic

Heat is the dominant failure vector. Temperature cycling stress can lead to other modes of failure depending on design and manufacturing and the quality of components used. The most common failure through temperature cycling is solder joint stress cracks. Ideally, an amplifier should be designed to run optimally cool, thus avoiding excessive heat as well as degradation from temperature cycling.
Agreed but we're talking reliability here. No effect on sound though.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Depends on their thermal insulation properties and thickness. More insulation - warmer sound. What’s so difficult to understand.
I'd think the concrete in them would also help the harmonic interdependence cohesability (HIC).

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
I'd think the concrete in them would also help the harmonic interdependence cohesability (HIC).
Absolutely. HIC not to be confused with Hic-Up is a long under appreciated sound property and measurable.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

MAB

Major Contributor
The question is, what kind of glass? Silica? Soda lime silicate? Boron? Chalcogenide? Float glass? Obsidian? They all will have different sound signatures, and What Hi-Fi should be ashamed of not telling this to audiophiles and publishing this highly incomplete article.
Philip Glass?

JSmith

Master Contributor
NOTE
Proven in independent laboratory testing to achieve the perfection

JSmith

Reactions: MAB

MAB

Major Contributor

JSmith
I thought Bassocontinuo Gargantua was an invasive species...o_O

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
i wonder what the sound is like if you got a set of vestal virgins (I really dont know what this is) to rest your equipment on their arms?
I think it helps tightening up the bottom end.

All right. Sorry. Time for me to unwatch.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The question is, what kind of glass? Silica? Soda lime silicate? Boron? Chalcogenide? Float glass? Obsidian? They all will have different sound signatures, and What Hi-Fi should be ashamed of not telling this to audiophiles and publishing this highly incomplete article.
You missed your true calling. ;)

Top Bottom