• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A horn in The Horne Section - bizarre luxury-fi product placement

charleski

Major Contributor
Members in the UK may have seen The Horne Section on Channel 4, starring Alex Horne and featuring Desiree Burch and John-Oliver-on-TV. You may also have noticed something odd in the background:
The.Horne.Section.jpg

Readers of Stereophile will recognise this as an Ara FS-1 from the constant ads (though I note it hasn't got a review, and I think we all know what that means). It's not at all clear how a show that's supposedly made on shoe-string budget can afford a $55k speaker as set-dressing.

But I still think the weirdest bit of luxury-fi placement was in a Tilda Swinton movie from 1991 called The Party: Nature Morte. This B&W arthouse film featured a scene in which Swinton lounges against a massive hifi rack sporting a (static) Michell Gyrodec on its top. Examination of the credits revealed that the producers had managed to score some funding from a big hifi dealer.

Top Bottom