• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A good streamer

xrem75

Goodmorning everyone. I am looking for a good streamer to make a hifi system connected to my TV for listening to movies, and with the TV turned off with streamer functions (amazon music hd, qobuz, ... I have to choose) and also radio .
My initial idea was the Nad c658, but reading the reviews (not from sellers) not really positive I thought of the Cambridge audio CXN V2.
Alternatively there would also be a Marantz pm7000n (but don't have a quobuz compatibility)
Even better would be the naim united star, but it's out of budget.
Thanks for your suggestions .

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the CXN V2- recently upgraded to be fully Roon Ready btw.

Its set up to do Qobuz, Tidal and Spotify out of the box, not amazon HD, but it it chromecast and airplay compatible so the AHD app on a phone would get that sorted (but not at full hi res).

Love the device. Not aware of any measurements here or elsewhere but it sounds great to me. RCA and XLR output simultaneously too, so you can feed two different amps/ monitors too.

Roasty

i have the cxn v2 as well and love it. does everything i want and does it well. yep recently Roon ready. i also like the stream magic app and quite enjoy the Linn channel presets.

OP
X

xrem75

Very good. Thanks for the advice. I knew it is a good device. We wait for some admin to review it and also the amplifier
CXA 81.
In in my opinion the CXN + cxa81 combination works really well..specially connected in XLR

Top Bottom