• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A DAC ...

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Allo has been kind enough to ship me one of their streamers for testing. I also have their Piano DAC to test. They are a very friendly company and highly supportive of the work we are doing in measuring performance.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There are AP test results on the Allo site for this, they seem to test all their products, probably why they are comfortable with Amirm also testing them.

I would still like to see the Pi, on it's own, tested into a DAC known to handle a USB input properly, so that the FUD in the DAR article can be ignored based on evidence.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I can find my Pi :), I will do that when I compare it to Allo.
I wish you would get to it already. I mean, what the heck are you doing out there!!?!?! Slacker. :p

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I wish you would get to it already. I mean, what the heck are you doing out there!!?!?! Slacker.
Well, at the end of day it turned out I had different hardware! The firmware I had worked as a Roone endpoint but would not create any sound on the Piano DAC I had. Wanted to use it with an external DAC and it was then that I realized I did not have the right hardware. So he is sending me new bits but since it is coming from India, it will take a while.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, at the end of day it turned out I had different hardware! The firmware I had worked as a Roone endpoint but would not create any sound on the Piano DAC I had. Wanted to use it with an external DAC and it was then that I realized I did not have the right hardware. So he is sending me new bits but since it is coming from India, it will take a while.
Gotcha. Shouldn't take too long though. Oh and the maker of the "best" dac ever is at it again. See here. :eek:

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's a good price for an amp. Then again since it is just reselling a board, the market will be flooded by them soon.
Look forward to the measurements as I'm sure he will be sending you one with the fancy wire and connectors. lol

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I think it will measure well. He is buying a fully complete and populated board and his "kit" is just that plus a box and some connectors I think. So it is hard for him to screw it up much.

Top Bottom