• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A copy of the Little Bear MC-03 with relays?

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Hello, I hope the electronic masters will read the following lines and help me to understand if it is a correct way to do it.

I was looking for a box allowing me to select between 2 or 3 inputs and route the one selected to the output. I found the Nobsound little bear really interesting for my needs:

Screenshot from 2021-05-25 12-59-38.png

Well, this is just a passive box with connectors.

Because of the price, I was wondering if I can do something by myself. The idea is to use this kind of really inexpensive relays to do the job:

Screenshot from 2021-05-25 13-08-07.png

I can control these relays easily with any micro-controller and add an LCD screen to write something.

So my main question is: does this kind of relays are correct for audio usage?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
They'll work, but they're designed for switching power rather than signals. You should be able to find similar boards with signal relays instead, or make your own with signal relays, stripboard and a ULN2003 or similar to drive the relay coil

Top Bottom