• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
76337bef6c0557e40d1243374ec7b79494df6b36f441e79d0feb87a546ad19dc.jpg

Waxx

Major Contributor
Could be XP Embedded . very reliable (still!) turnkey system.
It's not, i worked for the company that manage the railways itself (Infrabel) and we had to deliver info to that system of the railway company itself (NMBS) and it's still a XP VM. It should be upgraded very soon altough (as the system is antique by now). I left the company more than a year ago, so i don't know the actual state (and was not responsible for it, i was exchange administrator).

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you imagine downing bottles of brandy and burning cigars at work?!
O' yes, I certainly can. When I worked at a major AV retailer/chain owned and operated by a really nice old German man for some decades before he passed away. We partied hard all the time. After hours parties in the store with manufacturer reps coming most times and participating and we even had a cake with a woman that popped out of it for a surprise. I must say it was 5 years of partying a lot when working at that company that paid well too. We partied hard and we worked very hard too so the owner was very generous with us. I miss it! Then there was the one electronics service shop that I worked at and the owner was a party dood and loved to smoke up and buy booze for staff. Some days we would all meet downtown at the Italian coffee shop and have alcohol bitters in our coffees at ~7am and then smoke up and go to work to smoke up more and have beers and burgers after work too. We again worked really hard and put in long hours and the owner really appreciated that and he was generous in socializing with us.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Divide by zero error when a train is exactly on time and they are trying to compute the delay.
Fortunately, very rare. ;)
A couple of times, my Yahoo email* account recently has indicated that I have "-1" (negative one) unread emails.
I consider myself a fairly deep and serious thinker, but I am afraid to contemplate that, even in passing. ;)

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
A couple of times, my Yahoo email* account recently has indicated that I have "-1" (negative one) unread emails.
I consider myself a fairly deep and serious thinker, but I am afraid to contemplate that, even in passing. ;)

Isn’t it obvious? You must have read one email twice.
:D

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
IMG_0636.jpeg

Top Bottom