• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
1675796872804.png

Waxx

Major Contributor
Then try to learn Westflemish (my mothertongue, and the direct decendent of old Flemish). We conjugate everything, even yes and no.... and not only in person but also in severity. This is a very simplified explenation on the english wikipedia about this:
1675805003340.png

And sometime a simple english "yes" can end up in westflemish as "amajabadoewi"...

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Then try to learn Westflemish (my mothertongue, and the direct decendent of old Flemish). We conjugate everything, even yes and no.... and not only in person but also in severity. This is a very simplified explenation on the english wikipedia about this:
View attachment 263176
And sometime a simple english "yes" can end up in westflemish as "amajabadoewi"...
Now you've gone and done it! ;)

You reminded me* of this goofy but not grammatically imprecise little story, which anyone (who doesn't know it) is more than welcome to punctuate into submission. ;)

John while Jane had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher

John, while Jane had had “had”, had had “had had”. “Had had” had had a better effect on the teacher.

{as others responding to this thread have written before me: Thank you. I'll see myself out.}

:cool:

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now you've gone and done it! ;)

You reminded me* of this goofy but not grammatically imprecise little story, which anyone (who doesn't know it) is more than welcome to punctuate into submission. ;)

John while Jane had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher

John, while Jane had had “had”, had had “had had”. “Had had” had had a better effect on the teacher.

{as others responding to this thread have written before me: Thank you. I'll see myself out.}

:cool:

Teach me Flemish!

Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

Every time I try to speak Belgian, My throat gets all Flemish.

Only Flemish joke I got! :oops:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

Ageve

German is much harder:
Wenn Fliegen fliegen, fliegen Fliegen Fliegen nach.
(Thank god we use capitals for nouns)
When flies fly, flies fly behind flies.

Swedish:

Flyg fula fluga flyg, och den fula flugan flög.

Fly ugly fly, fly! And the ugly fly flew.

Farfar, får får får? Nej, får får inte får, får får lamm.

Grandpa, do sheep have sheep? No, sheep don't have sheep. Sheep have lambs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom