• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
I-prefer-bebsi.jpg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
i think i might have finally found TRUE LOVE
Me too, at some real BBQ joint (cafeteria-style) that was near downtown Dallas. in the '90s.
Moving out meant a divorce and never have found an equal elsewhere.
Like trying to get an authentic philly cheese-steak in Timbuktu... or a real NY pizza [make mine a Sicilian, please] in BFE!:(

202209_BlondeMonkey.jpg

202209_Illussion.jpg

As clean an as I can make them w/o losing the punchline.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Way back when Evil Knieval was on ABC with that big jump a friend decided he could do that. His name was Terrel. He built a pair of plywood ramps. He was on a farm and found 20 barrels. His plan was to ride his bike down this huge hill in front of their house, veer off into the yard and jump 20 barrels. If only we had smartphones with video in those days. He had a crowd about the size of the photo.

The impressive part was he made it over 17 barrels before crashing. An awful crash too. Funny, but awful. Ribs, collar bone, dislocated shoulder and dislocated ankle. Much like ole Evil actually. Heck this was before 911 was a thing.

Forever after that, us kids (his friends) being mean and insensitive called him 17 Barrel Terrel. No safe spaces in those days.

G|force

Forum Donor
Kevin K had several spectacular crashes on motorcycles televised 'live on tape' by ABC. The one I remember most was in England when he attempted the busses, '77 or '78?

Later.. in his career.. The Snake River Canyon attempt and fail in a rocket, thats the juice Red Bull.
SpaceX could make that one easy to do today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom