• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

digicidal

Major Contributor
iu

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was recently near a state uni campus. It is surrounded by very expensive places. Lots of eat places, bars, clubs, clothing places etc. Expensive trendy places. As many as you can pack around it. It was a Tuesday afternoon and all of the places were simply packed. I know things are different, but I went to a place where there were a few places around the campus, but most were low budget because you know poor students. Used clothing stores, used record stores, and cheap groceries. Trendy and expensive places were a few miles away, and I went to a somewhat upscale university on scholarship. I remember scrounging up change for food, doing volunteer work for low pay so on and so forth. I was lucky to have a car, but it was a $150 car. It ran fine, but was old and not very nice looking. I looked at this and wondered, hmmmm, how much lower could your debt be if you lived frugally within your means? I see lots of young folks with easily $2000 of tattoes (it doesn't take that many). I don't get having a tatoo at all, but it sure seems like they aren't worth the cost. I suppose to them it is which is a whole different thing.

DonR

Major Contributor
I was recently near a state uni campus. It is surrounded by very expensive places. Lots of eat places, bars, clubs, clothing places etc. Expensive trendy places. As many as you can pack around it. It was a Tuesday afternoon and all of the places were simply packed. I know things are different, but I went to a place where there were a few places around the campus, but most were low budget because you know poor students. Used clothing stores, used record stores, and cheap groceries. Trendy and expensive places were a few miles away, and I went to a somewhat upscale university on scholarship. I remember scrounging up change for food, doing volunteer work for low pay so on and so forth. I was lucky to have a car, but it was a $150 car. It ran fine, but was old and not very nice looking. I looked at this and wondered, hmmmm, how much lower could your debt be if you lived frugally within your means? I see lots of young folks with easily $2000 of tattoes (it doesn't take that many). I don't get having a tatoo at all, but it sure seems like they aren't worth the cost. I suppose to them it is which is a whole different thing.
Yep. When I dropped my eldest off at uni a decade ago I was astounded by the number of new cars. I had a classmate that lived in his early 70's Chrysler for the first half of his degree. He upgraded to a mid-70's van for the second half.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Top Bottom