• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
2a7882088af609727f17bb394268a7ee.png

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
When I graduated high school all my relatives collectively sent me on a trip to Europe. Quite a good graduation gift. One of the things they did is buy me the best Kodak 110 camera because it took good pictures and would be so convenient with the little flash cubes and easy to load film cartridges. You can just slip the whole thing in your pocket. I made the mistake of using it. I got some good pictures, but..........

They gave me that camera because all I had was an old Argus C3 rangefinder 35 mm camera. Made before I was born. I had purchased it 2nd hand for $5, but it worked perfectly. So they meant well, but I knew how to use the Argus and it would have served me much better than the Instamatic. Using ISO 400 film for indoors I wouldn't even have needed a flash. So in my case I wasn't even glad to have the camera.

proxy-image
The famed Argus "Brick". :)
I've already mentioned this before here in another thread (and very possibly to you) -- my father had one that he took on a trip West in the very early 1950s. His Kodachrome (the original ASA 10 morph, to the best of my knowledge) slides of Bryce & Zion in Utah are (still) gorgeous.

This is my Brick -- given to me by my son :)

digicidal

Major Contributor
View attachment 213781
It's been insanely hot where I live. Maybe this will fix what's wrong with me.
iu

I'm not really a fan of sweets at all... but I drink 2 pots of coffee (and maybe a latte or three) per day... I'd probably have diabetes in under a month if I lived near that place.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
110 film definitely fits into a humor thread! ;)

(and, yes, I know there were a few cool cameras made for 110 cartridge film -- but... still... ;) )
DSC07837_DxO-1024x683.jpg

DSC07843_DxO-1024x576.jpg

pt-Minolta110Zoom-01.jpg

Borrowed images all -- since even I draw the line at collecting 110 cameras! :rolleyes:
I don't know why but I had a 110 camera when I was in the Marines 1975-1978. I took lots of good photos BUT, and a big BUT, Over the years they all went from great photos to darkened useless photos. This process took over 30 years but any photo taken with a 35mm is fine for 50 years but those 110s were all ruined by the passage of time. I wonder why?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know why but I had a 110 camera when I was in the Marines 1975-1978. I took lots of good photos BUT, and a big BUT, Over the years they all went from great photos to darkened useless photos. This process took over 30 years but any photo taken with a 35mm is fine for 50 years but those 110s were all ruined by the passage of time. I wonder why?
The ones I have faded. With a good scanner you can restore them. I did keep my negatives and a good photo scanner on those can look better than the old prints.

Top Bottom