• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1653260568212.png

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1653260657373.png

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1653260695662.jpeg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1653260724467.jpeg

digicidal

Major Contributor
Why do I never see @Waxx's posts? I always just get images of filenames or images of strings of characters.

Martin
Alternatively you can do as I do (I also have strict settings) - just right click the filename and select "Open image in new tab". I have to do that for all FB stuff... it's slightly irritating, but far less so than leaving my browser's pants around it's ankles.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Alternatively you can do as I do (I also have strict settings) - just right click the filename and select "Open image in new tab". I have to do that for all FB stuff... it's slightly irritating, but far less so than leaving my browser's pants around it's ankles.

That works, too. Thanks!

Waxx

Major Contributor
This sound familiar...

“I’m not saying that the old process is better than digital,” Hao tells PetaPixel. “Of course, today’s digital technology is simple, fast, and great. But for me, the image capture techniques of the old days, especially the wet collodion process, offer better quality, more tone, more detail, and a larger format.

Camera01-800x501.jpg

Photographer Builds Giant Camera and Darkroom Bus

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I do think that is a significant part of it, but another is the progressive (or more accurately, regressive) march towards tribalism - especially in western culture. It seems to be part of the natural cycle with humanity, and apparently we're nearly at the end of the collectivism phase... who knows, maybe in 200-300 years we'll be mostly nomadic tribes again? I used to think that a mass extinction event would be required... but now I think technology, a pandemic, sufficient regional wars, and a true global financial disaster would be sufficient... and it's looking like we may check all 4 boxes this decade the way we're going. :(

This sound familiar...

“I’m not saying that the old process is better than digital,” Hao tells PetaPixel. “Of course, today’s digital technology is simple, fast, and great. But for me, the image capture techniques of the old days, especially the wet collodion process, offer better quality, more tone, more detail, and a larger format.

Camera01-800x501.jpg

Photographer Builds Giant Camera and Darkroom Bus
That's what I call LARGE format.

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Particularly ironic considering Jerry Lewis' personal life... maybe it doesn't mix with "his kids" but I guarantee it mixed quite well with him. :p Yeah, the 80's were quite the hotbed of fundamentalism and odd health-food fetishism for some reason... particularly in small town America.

Luckily we both survived it. Although I'm still bitter about some things... I do have to thank the many cautionary lectures on "the devil's music" that I was forced to attend. As a direct result I discovered the miracle of heavy metal (although "acid rock" was the preferred term of the time). I still remember hearing Black Sabbath, Motorhead, and Judas Priest for the first time and thinking "THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN MISSING MY WHOLE LIFE!!"

Good times... and now back to humor.
iu
Acid Rock and Heavy Metal are NOT the same thing.

Top Bottom