• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
My car alarm rarely goes off because of my cooking...
True but they often go off unnecessarily. However, I was thinking about domestic alarms such as in clocks, timers, telephones, intercoms, etc.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
True but they often go off unnecessarily. However, I was thinking about domestic alarms such as in clocks, timers, telephones, intercoms, etc.
I seem to trigger the panic button on mine -- more than occasionally -- if kneel or squat down with my cah* key in my pocket.

Dmitri

Forum Donor
I seem to trigger the panic button on mine -- more than occasionally -- if kneel or squat down with my cah* key in my pocket.

Ah yes, I have gone back to the time tested method of actually inserting the key (gasp!) into the door lock, leaving the “Oh gosh darn it I hit the panic button again fob” at home. Mild expletives here used as actually terminology expressed under said circumstances tends to be a bit more graphic.
The advantage of an older car. Nowadays the key and the panic button appear to be inseparable.

We have “cahs” in the South too, but we tend to give them a wide berth as they seem to drive somewhat erratically. ; )

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
267540904_4564619886959216_6976241773244994265_n.jpg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1639783213231.jpeg

mononoaware

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Last edited:

weesch

Then there's the DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) called Reaper. It competes with the bigboys like Protools. Was written by Justin Frankel (the guy that wrote Winamp) and at this point just blows away most other DAW's. This guy did a vid where he talks about how much "better" Protools is as compared to that stinky old Reaper. Some funny shit.

hi
i have used reaper.....
but it doesn't work good with my asio scope pulsar 2.....(clicks and pop at high buffer size 512 samples)
i use now cubase 5 and samplitude with my asio pulsar 2 in asio direct monitoring mode....
but i have also protools hd 10 tdm on pci-x card with 192 io digital...
and there's an huge difference between protools hd and native daw like reaper or cubase....
i don't know if protools native have the same huge sound than protools hd tdm ?
samplitude work good and better than reaper and cubase in my old pulsar 2 pci creamware....
all daw have different sound and dynamics and asio performance....
samplitude seem to be a good choice for sound and performance in a little computer....
best regards
weesch

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
hi
i have used reaper.....
but it doesn't work good with my asio scope pulsar 2.....(clicks and pop at high buffer size 512 samples)
i use now cubase 5 and samplitude with my asio pulsar 2 in asio direct monitoring mode....
but i have also protools hd 10 tdm on pci-x card with 192 io digital...
and there's an huge difference between protools hd and native daw like reaper or cubase....
i don't know if protools native have the same huge sound than protools hd tdm ?
samplitude work good and better than reaper and cubase in my old pulsar 2 pci creamware....
all daw have different sound and dynamics and asio performance....
samplitude seem to be a good choice for sound and performance in a little computer....
best regards
weesch
wrong thread?

Top Bottom