• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I traveled to Germany in the 80’s I rented a VW Polo that did 135 kph flat out. I quickly learned stay to the right except to pass and watch out for cars in the left lane driving with their left turn signals on. They were moving.
Something was wrong with that polo.
I have done over 160km/h (100mph) with a Polo on a straight road, not much wind.
On M1 motorway here in UK, speed limit is technically 70mph, but there are always road works, so most of it is reduced to 50mph, most of the time!
On 21st century . . . . :facepalm:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Something was wrong with that polo.
I have done over 160km/h (100mph) with a Polo on a straight road, not much wind.
On M1 motorway here in UK, speed limit is technically 70mph, but there are always road works, so most of it is reduced to 50mph, most of the time!
On 21st century . . . . :facepalm:
Well, it was a rental…

Zensō

Major Contributor
937655F7-E9B7-4BA1-97E6-1FFD6D6789BA.jpeg

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Marc v E

Major Contributor
Simply put -- this little FIAT Multipla and the Pontiac Aztek testify to the notion that psychedelic drugs and automotive design should not be mixed.
:cool:
Before I saw it in the flesh, I read about the thoughts behind it. Apparently they designed the car from the inside out, whereas they normally start with a design from the outside and then design the interior. I actually thought that was a pretty good idea....until I saw it in real life.

Truly dreadful to took at. Comically bad.
And to think it stems from a country that values good design above all, truly baffling...or courageous.

Last edited:

Jimi Floyd

Before I saw it in the flesh, I read about the thoughts behind it. Apparently they designed the car from the inside out, whereas they normally start with a design from the outside and then design the interior. I actually thought that was a pretty good idea....until I saw it in real life.

And to think it stems from a country that values good design above all, truly baffling...or couragious.
Have you ever seen the 1956 Fiat 600 Multipla? The 1998 Fiat Multipla you posted was designed with the same concept of large internal living space and flat floor of its grandma. Both Multipla models also had a, ehm, peculiar look.

Fiat_600D_Multipla_anteriore.jpg

Fiat_600D_Multipla_posteriore.jpg

Keith_W

Major Contributor

And to think it stems from a country that values good design above all, truly baffling...or couragious.

I used to think that when it comes to cars, Italians could do no wrong. Until the Alfa Romeo Arna came along. And the Fiat Multipla. But I'm not sure if the Fiat Multipla is truly ugly, it has a certain ungainly charm about it.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you ever seen the 1956 Fiat 600 Multipla? The 1998 Fiat Multipla you posted was designed with the same concept of large internal living space and flat floor of its grandma. Both Multipla models also had a, ehm, peculiar look.
That car looks backwards and makes me feel like I am looking at some sort of an illusion that disappears when you look away for a moment.

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

View attachment 274654
View attachment 274656
yes, of course -- but those were iconic.
Well, I guess the later one was iconic, too. ;)

Top Bottom