• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Jimi Floyd

Maybe this is the picture of a Dutch home, but most (maybe all) of the pieces here are products of the Memphis group in Milano, Italy. Memphis is a group of architects and designers started in 1980 by Ettore Sottsas which has been active for 8 years bringing forth a revolution in the concept and look of interior decoration. All these objects are still produced and available for sale. The collective was called Memphis as an homage to “Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again” by Bob Dylan.

Memphis Shop

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't have a dislike for metric, but I have to convert the bigger numbers to imperial in most cases to make sense of what I'm reading.

Random thoughts after flying a metric sailplane last weekend:

1597 meters altitude = somewhere around 4600 feet I guess, close to a mile! I'm wrong, it's 5239.5 feet which all but is a mile!

142km/hr = oh, maybe 85mph. 88.2mph is the answer, I wasn't far off, but still had to convert for it to "mean something".
That's coz you are an ancient duffer like me!
I, also love metric but have to attempt the same conversions as you!

Waxx

Major Contributor
336658087_1216047242349275_6015404055179820977_n.jpg

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I actually like this :(
Maybe this is the picture of a Dutch home, but most (maybe all) of the pieces here are products of the Memphis group in Milano, Italy. Memphis is a group of architects and designers started in 1980 by Ettore Sottsas which has been active for 8 years bringing forth a revolution in the concept and look of interior decoration. All these objects are still produced and available for sale. The collective was called Memphis as an homage to “Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again” by Bob Dylan.

Memphis Shop
The more you know.

Thanks!!

Peace.

Top Bottom