• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
True story. A man in my neighborhood was cleaning gutters, walking over the peak of his roof he slipped, slid down the roof, fell 15 feet to the ground, and landed mainly on the back of his head. When I got to him, his eyes were dilated and unresponsive. I thought he had brain damage. Another neighbor came up just as his wife opened the door having heard the commotion as he slid off the roof. The lady neighbor said, "I saw what happened I called the Volunteer fire department for some paramedics". The wife said, "well if the paramedics are coming I better put on my face and some nicer clothes. Looks like we are going to the hospital" and closed the door going back inside. She emerged shortly after the paramedics had arrived and called an ambulance.

Fortunately, he was living 10 years in the past for about 24 hrs, but was okay the next day. In any case, this video reminded me of that same Southern ladies attitude about bad events.

Oh love the line in the video about "having a sale on Crown and generators".

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
1700487102127.jpeg

Judging by the holes, that's lossy compression all righty...
:)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It also would prevent head on collisions when people are looking at the view, but still driving.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
From the architect that designed that bridge: link

"The structure’s fairly tight turning radius also forces motor vehicles to slow significantly while crossing, and encourages drivers to take in the natural beauty of the area."

So @mhardy6647 I guess we were both correct ;)

Lots of nice photos of that bridge on that website.

Top Bottom