• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A beginner from Brittany

anthranox

Hello
After many times spend to read reviews, maybe it’s time to introduce myself.
I’m from Brittany in the west of France, 35 Years old. I studied electronics and computer science. I was a big fan of signal processing before focusing more specifically on computer science.

After my studies, I got interested in hifi and I bought a NAD C320bee (used), CD player NAD C515bee (used) and Focal Chorus 714s speakers.
This hifi installation remained only for listening to music. (Rock / Metal / Elektro)

I like watching movies in the cinema but also more and more at home.

During last year with different lockdown, I spend more and more time at home so I bought a new TV : Panasonic TX-55GZ950 to replace a old Samsung 32 inches TV bought in 2007 for a small student apartment.
This new TV GZ950 is connected to NAD C320Bee using optical and FiiO D03 DAC.

I rently add a Bluetooth aptX HD Rx/Tx device “Avantree Oasis Plus” for streaming audio from my Android device to my hifi setup. The other usage is listening with Bluetooth headphones. (Listening movies without volume control when others sleeping).

My last addon is a Blu-ray player, Panasonic DP-UB820 connected to C320Bee by HDMI audio out via amazon basics audio extractor and FiiO DAC to convert optical to RCA.

Now I’m looking for simplify my installation and have a better user experience not only for me but for all my family and read more and more to understand what I'm buying.
At this time I have many question as my goal is to improve sound quality and maybe control all this setup with a single device like a DAC / Preamp / Streamer.

Why not replace C515bee by DP-UB820 to play CD? How to concentrate HDMI audio if needed or is it better to use optical. How perform modern Stereo integrated amps with dac like C368 who can be upgraded by MDC modules for stream or HDMI input. Is it better than using a simple HDMI audio extractor?

I really like the sound from my C320BEE and attached speakers but I need to stop buy single low cost devices like FiiO D03 and HDMI extractor for every single problem or usage and think more macro and anticipate future usage.

No need to answer my questions it’s an introduction post, it’s for you to know my concerns.

Best Regards

Top Bottom