• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

9v PSU recommendation for DAC

MCH

Major Contributor
hi,
I own a Pro-Ject DAC box USB since many years ago. I know it is old and cheap, but it is also very small, still looks great, and does everything I need (I also use it as a sort of preamp to switch between sources), so no need at all to "upgrade" (and generate more junk we don't need on planet Earth ;)

Well, the problem is that the original 9V 1A ac/cd adaptor desintegrated. No kidding, literally, every time I touched it a piece of plastic felt apart from it. Then I bought one from aliexpress that looked identical, but when turning the volume up with no signal I can hear like electronic noises, something like an old fax machine, but more regular...

I want to fix this and continue using my little Austrian black box....

Because of the background of the story I suspect the noise is due to the new power supply, but I am open to any other suggestions.

So the question is, can anyone recommend a cheap adaptor that might help me solve this issue or any other solution?

PS: Please note I am trying to fix a machine that costed ca. 100eur around 10 years ago, not willing to spend 200eur in a psu

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
M

MCH

Major Contributor
Thanks,
They offer one at 9v. Will try to get one and give it a try to see if the noises disappear. Forgot to mention: Curiously the problem is only in one channel.

Top Bottom