• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

90% of People Upset at MoFi For Using Digital Masters Bought This MoFi Item With No Shame

sofrep811

Most Overpriced Letter Weight
MoFi.PNG

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You aren't in favor of noise dissipation?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sq225917

Major Contributor
Wonders will never cease, putting a big old weight on your bearingbto increase the rumble ehatever will they think of next?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's fully specified, too. They show several views of the box it comes in.

Gary_G

How a Phoenix record store owner set the audiophile world on fire: MoFi claimed its expensive reissues were purely analog reproductions. It had been deceiving its customer base for years. (Washington Post)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How a Phoenix record store owner set the audiophile world on fire: MoFi claimed its expensive reissues were purely analog reproductions. It had been deceiving its customer base for years. (Washington Post)
Shocked, Yoda is.

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I didn't spend US $400 on a platter weight. Because verfiably perfect digital files derived from CDs ripped with my $20 Samsung DVD drive sound just fine. What am I missing here? Sorry, I was only a teenager when CDs were invented and first marketed so may have been so young & naive at the time that I somehow preferred pristine reproduction over media which was degraded each time it was played, which was typically horribly badly made and risked permanent damage every time I used it. I miss those gatefold covers and sleeves though.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't spend US $400 on a platter weight. Because verfiably perfect digital files derived from CDs ripped with my $20 Samsung DVD drive sound just fine. What am I missing here? Sorry, I was only a teenager when CDs were invented and first marketed so may have been so young & naive at the time that I somehow preferred pristine reproduction over media which was degraded each time it was played, which was typically horribly badly made and risked permanent damage every time I used it. I miss those gatefold covers and sleeves though.
I'm 68. I don't miss vinyl, or tubes. Some people obviously love them, and not just old guys, either. It's a hobby, so I don't worry about it a lot. I'll say an excellent tube amp can sound just fine, if you don't mind the blast furnace heat and slowly degrading tube characteristics.

julian_hughes

The $399 model comes with a small wooden box to store the platter weight in. They sell what looks like the same device minus the box for only $199, so the wooden box could serve as a place to store their brain when not being used.
OK, but could that wooden box be strategically placed on or near a phono stage to give it a more organic sound? I think we should be told.

OP
sofrep811

sofrep811

Wish Amir tested turntables. This could make a great Onion style test--not that the M-Scaler didn't provide enough comedy.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wish Amir tested turntables. This could make a great Onion style test--not that the M-Scaler didn't provide enough comedy.
The thread sniping would be classic. I'm sure he would be told endlessly how wrongly he tested it.

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I still consider CD to better than Vinyl (In terms of Fidelity). Also In terms of experience, its fun but that's it.

I'm reading that page, I hear buzz words like "Groove Noise", "Eliminates Resonance", "Elevates Resolution", "Enhances Stability", and "Greater Dynamics". I wonder what format solved all these issues? :rolleyes:. At the end of the day, I'm glad I'm a person that's willing to spend $200 on CDs then on a MoFi Buttplug.

julian_hughes

"Groove Noise", "Eliminates Resonance", "Elevates Resolution", "Enhances Stability", and "Greater Dynamics" are qualities I associate with evenings eating pickled onions and drinking cider i.e. just normal everyday stuff :oops:

OP
sofrep811

sofrep811

I still consider CD to better than Vinyl (In terms of Fidelity). Also In terms of experience, its fun but that's it.

I'm reading that page, I hear buzz words like "Groove Noise", "Eliminates Resonance", "Elevates Resolution", "Enhances Stability", and "Greater Dynamics". I wonder what format solved all these issues? :rolleyes:. At the end of the day, I'm glad I'm a person that's willing to spend $200 on CDs then on a MoFi Buttplug.
I sold my SACD / CD player and only own my Rega turntable and an IFi streamer. I only buy CDs of recent. They really really fun to collect these days. Vinyl is just jumped the shark. No used vinyl and what’s available is overpriced. No fun in the hunt for used vinyl — so it’s now CDs.

Top Bottom