• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JLGF1

Sade: Diamond Life
UK released CDEPC26044, not the US versions. Not the later remaster.

So, this would NOT be the release listed as year 2000, correct? (ie original 80's release only)

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Frankie - Black Night White Light (1984)

ok one more, it was famous before, well it is even more now after it was selected as a title song for a cooking series by one famous chef (I don't recall exact programme title, but it sounds something like "You too can cook this simple meal in just 10 minutes, you just need two days for crawling the whole city to shop these 40 exotic ingredients)

This is 12" full (album) version, maybe not that well known..
Neneh cherry - buffalo stance (1989)
I was born in Salzburg, Austria, lived in the USA & form 2001-2018 I lived on islands in the Indian Ocean & Western Pacific, & spent lots of tome in S. Korea, Japan, Saipan & Guam, with some time in Australia (Perth/Freemantle).
I had heard of the first two but never heard anyone play them (Pogues & Pixies): & based on me playing them (now know why I had never heard their music). No one I have ever known would be into that. The second 2 (Black Night White Light & Neneh Cherry I also had never heard of but would like to listen to some more..
Thank you for introducing me to these 4. That I like 50% of what someone else likes is amazing to me.

Ibofobi

Paul Simon (1986)

Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes -- I love this song. And the dancing in the video isn't too shabby either. Should get a party starting...

Under African Skies -- No dancing here unfortunately. You'll have to improvise...

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So, this would NOT be the release listed as year 2000, correct? (ie original 80's release only)
Yep. The old 80's UK disc should be easily available for cheap. Shipping shouldn't bee too expensive either. Not a collectors item, lots of 'em around. Sounds great.

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@EJ3
So you were born not too far away from the Sony DADC pressing plant in Anif that has manufactured a great many of the CDs we have in out collections in the UK and Europe!
Salzburg is a beautiful city, some really pleasant people there.

Barbara Streisand: Guilty
Collab. with Barry Gibb and sounds very, very smooth. There are at least two different masters that measure within % but do sound slightly different. The old one from the 80's master Sony DADC, Anif, Austria sounds absolutely great !

JLGF1

Sade: Diamond Life
UK released CDEPC26044, not the US versions.

I received the UK version today. Wow! I set everything up to A/B the US/Portrait tracks with the UK tracks (1-2 secs transition) and it's night/day!

Last edited:

pderousse

Ratt - Round and Round

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight

I was about to 'thumbs up Ratt' then I saw that other one and was tempted to report you.

pderousse

There's no '80's' withtout Numan, pioneer of EDM

pderousse

no Grunge without this song that launched dozens of bands

Top Bottom